I want this CB and just wondering if y'all like this one. I'm tight in space because I have a PA system box in the way so that's why I like this one. Also, does this one come with everything to install it? And any thing I should get that's better?

It is not a gimmick, its a solution to limited space. 

You are only visually seeing a "Mic" with buttons and what not. There is a small metal box that houses the main electronics. That small box is to mounted behind the dash, or under a seat. All CB radios have a MAX wattage, so this unit is not any weaker or stronger then any another unit on the market. 

With that said, I went with a Cobra 29 LX. It has more aftermarket modifications then most other other CB radios on the market.   

Not a gimmick.  Great space saver.  My friend runs one in his LJ.

With that said, this is a great CB for the money:

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-40-Channel-CB-Radio-PRO510XL/dp/B00004VXNF/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1467352130&sr=1-2&keywords=uniden+cb

As is this one, if you think you need RF gain controls, a PA option, and instant ch9 access:

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-PRO520XL-40-Channel-CB-Radio/dp/B00004VXNI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1467352495&sr=8-1&keywords=uniden+cb+pro520

I once picked up three used 510 CBs for the price of one off ebay.  I run the same model in all my vehicles.  I like the front mounted mic, some mount on the side and present mounting issues in tight spaces.  If buying used, make sure it comes with the mounting bracket and thumbscrews.  Fabricating mounting brackets sounds easy but is a pain.

As previously mentioned, all CBs are limited to a max output wattage.  The biggest differences are options, marketing, and price.

Also, you mention in your first post that you have a PA box in the way.  Not sure what kind of PA system you have, but the 520 has a PA option, meaning it has a jack on the back to plug a PA speaker into, and a switch on the front to turn off the CB and then use the mic as your PA.  You might consider dumping the stand alone PA and getting both functions in one unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one in my JK.  The installation wasn't too bad and it worked OK for a few years, but not so much now.  I'm thinking of replacing it.

In the MJ, I'll probably go with a Cobra 29 something or a Uniden and mount it under the dash with a 3' fFirestick on the driver's front fender.

7523774002_fd3db09664_c.jpgHPIM1564 by Mel Lester Jr., on Flickr

I want this CB and just wondering if y'all like this one. I'm tight in space because I have a PA system box in the way so that's why I like this one. Also, does this one come with everything to install it? And any thing I should get that's better?

Hi.Jackrabbit41 I am a trucker and have been for32 yrs.I have owned about every kind they have ever come out with. In times past Cobra and Uniden were great radios when they were made in the Phillipines.

Todays radios aren't as reliable because most of them are made in china today.  However there are some that are pretty decent ,they cost a little more but seem to be made better. Galaxy , Connex .Northstar Stryker,all of these or good radios If you can get one that says amateur transceiver.these have more power and sound a lot better than your typical c.b.you will usually have to have the radio shop  convert the channels over to the frequencies of the citizens band channels. If they sell them they usually know how to do that.. I know there is not a lot of room, I mounted mine on the trans hump by the gear shift but I can still see it good and it's one of the old 23 channels but with upper and lower side bands. If you are just looking for a regular radio I would probably go with the Galaxy DX  models and they come in small sizes up to large sizes . it is impo . :MJ 1: . rtant to have a good antenna and good coax. everything must be grounded good and have between 1.0 to 1.5 swr reading from the antenna . if you get it like this you will be able to talk and receive at the radios full potential  Good luck.

^That.  In my last truck before I stopped driving I was running a Galaxy DX-979. They run about $150-160, but they are an excellent and fairly compact unit.  I loved mine and would buy it again if I had to.  They do suffer a little from SSB drift when warming up, but it seems most CB's in the lower end do, but a counter can help resolve that, and they have a port for one.  It also has a nice Auto calibrating SWR feature which actually works really well, and has a warning light if it does manage to go too high.

Compared to the Cobra it replaced, it also consistently reached out farther, and had better reception.

That all being said, that little hand held unit will work decently enough for short range, and it does allow you many options with mounting the box since all of the controls are on the handheld.   You will need a mount, antenna, coax cable, and maybe some wire to complete the install, but that's true for any other install.