Has anyone tried the D44 disc kits?

Yep, no axle retainer plates in the D35 C-clip or 8.25, thus no need for the spacer for these axles. Cruiser's pics and Rockfrog's detailed text rang my bell - been awhile since the D35 c-clip conversion. Thanks guys for the clarification, my bad 100%.   :bowdown:

LOL. I was really hoping you knew of an easy way to do discs on a 44!!

I need brake shoes on my 90 so I think I'll just replace them. It has the upgraded booster anyway. 

I used early (pre90) D30 bolt on caliper brackets and calipers,i had to make a small weld on bracket to go from the D30 bracket to the axle tube.

I used post 90 rotors which go right on the D44,i cut the center out of the old backing plates to use as a spacer for the bearings/seals.

The project cost me around $100 using new parts,the D30 brakes are larger than the rear brakes usually swapped onto stock Jeep axles and they are vented.

Only downside is that there is no provisions for a park brake,i used a hydraulic hand brake.

I used early (pre90) D30 bolt on caliper brackets and calipers,i had to make a small weld on bracket to go from the D30 bracket to the axle tube.

I used post 90 rotors which go right on the D44,i cut the center out of the old backing plates to use as a spacer for the bearings/seals.

The project cost me around $100 using new parts,the D30 brakes are larger than the rear brakes usually swapped onto stock Jeep axles and they are vented.

Only downside is that there is no provisions for a park brake,i used a hydraulic hand brake.

What are you doing for proportioning? 

I ran an XJ valve with that set up,it worked ok but the rear was a little aggressive.

I had planned to eventually go to an adjustable prop valve,the axle is now going under my 87 so i might pick one up.

I ran an XJ valve with that set up,it worked ok but the rear was a little aggressive.

I had planned to eventually go to an adjustable prop valve,the axle is now going under my 87 so i might pick one up.

I already have an adjustable prop valve installed.......

And, I part out XJs......I have all the early Dana 30 stuff.

Is it really that simple? 

Hadn't even thought of that, might use that on the XJ to upgrade my rear discs to match the WJ fronts. Don't need the ebrake on the XJ (probably do a tcase brake), but do on the MJ. Then the current ZJ/TJ discs can go on the MJ ... Win, win.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...