88 4x4 5 speed swap into 89 2wd ax4

I'm working with a donor I Bought a few years ago the motor has 89*** miles and last I heard from the previous owner it was running and everything worked. It's has serious frame damage so I would love to put the engine,tranny,diffs,transfer case, drive shafts,harness, ecu?,fuel tank... Anything I'm missing I'm just being lazy. Any type of help or info I greatly appreciate. I need this truck fixed so I can get to work so I have until the 18th of June. Any advice I would love to hear it. I have the vehicles in one place and have started to take off the front to get the engine out.

IF the 88 donor and the 89 have the same drive train (engine, transmission, t-case, axles, and whatever else) it's a simple pull the old, install the new transfer. Both are Renix and use the same harnesses so no problems there. Are they both SWB or LWB? What differences are there if any?

IF the 88 donor and the 89 have the same drive train (engine, transmission, t-case, axles, and whatever else) it's a simple pull the old, install the new transfer. Both are Renix and use the same harnesses so no problems there. Are they both SWB or LWB? What differences are there if any?

The donor is a 4x4 4.0 with a puke goat and my daily driver is a blown 2wd 2.5 TBI with a ax4 both sport trucks and short beds. They are very similar just different options from the manufacturer

No worries about firewalls or metal massaging on your model(s). The donor driveshaft may or may not work - you won't know until you get everything bolted in. That's one of the last steps and almost always doing tranny, tcase, and engine swaps you have to mod the shaft to fit. It's no biggie.............

No worries about firewalls or metal massaging on your model(s). The donor driveshaft may or may not work - you won't know until you get everything bolted in. That's one of the last steps and almost always doing tranny, tcase, and engine swaps you have to mod the shaft to fit. It's no biggie.............

thank you so much for the help I'm sure it won't be the last time since everyone here is so nice. I greatly appreciate it.

The donor driveshafts should work.  Everything in those year ranges is pretty well swappable as far as the hard parts go.  IMHO, what you want to do is fairly straightforward, it's just involving.  Basically pull the donor in and strip it down to nothing, then install all that stuff in the other one.  I would take ALL of the wiring personally, there was changes between 88 and 89, and some (later?) 89 models vs other 89 models.

The donor is a 4x4 4.0 with a puke goat and my daily driver is a blown 2wd 2.5 TBI with a ax4...........

Are you using the "puke goat" tranny and everything else from the donor drivetrain? If so, the donor driveshaft will be fine since they are both SWB trucks.

Also agree with Dirt - swap all the donor wiring over. Every year had subtle wiring changes and will save you possible electrical troubleshooting later.

The donor is a 4x4 4.0 with a puke goat and my daily driver is a blown 2wd 2.5 TBI with a ax4...........

Are you using the "puke goat" tranny and everything else from the donor drivetrain? If so, the donor driveshaft will be fine since they are both SWB trucks.

Also agree with Dirt - swap all the donor wiring over. Every year had subtle wiring changes and will save you possible electrical troubleshooting later.

First i have to admit that nothing derogitive was meant by "Puke Goat." I'm ashamed for being lazy and choosing to not simply google Peageot  5 speed. To learn the name of the Transmission I'm choosing to transfer into my dd.

Thank you very much for DirtyComanche and Hombrod for the advice i greatly appreciate it. Sounds like this is going to be fun as well as a learning opportunity to get to know these trucks better.