Temptation.....

Megadan

The want is there, I don't mind the carb either.  My available funds are too tight at the moment.  If it's still up in a couple of weeks I might get it.  Would be nice to have a backup vehicle.

The nice thing is, since I want to upgrade to large tires on the Comanche, I could put the coopers currently installed on the Eagle and they would fit, so I wouldn't have to worry about new tires for both.

Just buy the darn thing!  Get it home and you will find it easy to tune. Easy to get back into running shape.  Won't cost you much (except time) to clean it up on one weekend.

It has a great future with you!  At worst, you should be able to list it on Ebay and make some money on it.  Take some great pictures, put together a good auction show and it would be a money maker.

Still, a neat back up car to have.  Hope you get it and keep it.

It would have been about 1983-84 when my Mom said they were looking at a new car.  I figured another Ford Station Wagon (would have been the third).  She says, no, a Jeep.  I'm like HOLY COW YES.  She hands me the brochure for the Eagle.  I'm like, that's not a Jeep.  And it's ugly.  We ended up with a Suburban.  She let me drive it off the lot with single digit miles.

Saw an Eagle at the junkyard about a year ago.  Very rare sight.  I still think they are ugly, but also that they were ahead of their time, and I would buy it if it was within an hour drive.

I think it would be easy and super cool to swap in a fi 4.0

oh, they are ugly.  I won't argue that at all, but they have reached the point of nostalgia-cool, and retro-ugly cars are one of my weaknesses.  That and rare odd ball stuff.. if my signature doesn't express that already lol

oh, they are ugly.  I won't argue that at all, but they have reached the point of nostalgia-cool, and retro-ugly cars are one of my weaknesses.  That and rare odd ball stuff.. if my signature doesn't express that already lol

I put FC-150 & FC-170 in the same category, and I'd like to have one of each also...

I've had a few Eagles over the years, right now I'm down to one SX/4 and a parts car. As far as being ugly, I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, most people I know think my Comanche is ugly. They are excellent in the snow and are capable of off roading too. 

Check out this video