86 2.5 will start but won't run

So a little bit of background before I get to my issue. I just recently joined this forum as i always go to forums when I can figure something out plus there's just tons of info on these things! I just bought an 1986 Comanche with a 2.5 and a 4 speed for 300 bucks. I was told that I wouldn't be able to drive it home. Threw a few spark plugs in it and drove off with her! Ran like a champ! It had a couple freeze plug leaks from behind the exhaust manifold. I took the throttle body off and both manifolds off access them. I swapped the freeze plugs and everything went well. Put everything back together and now it doesn't want to run. It will start bust off and run for about 5 seconds before it decides to die. Fuel pump is new and just put a new fuel filter on it. Can't be anything too hard as I only messed with the manifolds and throttle

Body. I double and triple checked that everything was hooked up correctly. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

-Nick

Check if you are getting power to the fuel pump with the key in the RUN position. It sounds like you have be getting power with the key in START, allowing enough fuel to start the engine, then when you release the key to RUN the fuel pump is shutting down and the engine dies due to no fuel.

This is common on the '88 and newer Renix models that have a ballast resistor in the fuel pump circuit -- the resistor fails, but the start circuit bypasses it. An '96 2.5L shouldn't have a fuel pump resistor, but there may be something funky about your ignition switch or wiring.