AEM FIC 6 Installation help Renix

Does anyone have installed this device to a renix?

I'm on the process of supercharging the manche but I cannot rev it past 1500rpm, I have just hooked the crank signal, the car start and diles but won't pass 1500rpm. If I plug the bypass harness provided it works normal, any ideas?

This looks like an OBD1/OBD2 piggyback chip similar to the Unichip. Doubt it can play with the Renix system ECU. There's info on it in the strokers.com forum, but I don't see it being used on a Renix system.

Well I will need to investiga te a lot, the AEM téchnical service recommended me to use the 30-9013 model and said it Will work, I have just contacted them and they recommend using resistors on the crank connection to the FIC 6, Does any one now how to install tose resistors?

The resistor (what value?) would be installed in series with the crank signal output to the AEM to reduce it's amplitude. Doesn't AEM have detailed install instructions for the installation of their box on specific vehicles? Unichip provides wiring diagrams for every vehicle their chip can be used on. You might want to ask your questions over on the strokers forum - maybe someone with a Renix stroker is using the AEM FIC6.    https://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/index.php

No idea on the Renix, someone else will have to let you know. I know the 91 HOs have a mag (2-wire) and in 92 they changed to a Hall (3-wire), so maybe that helps.

Mine also have 2 wire so should be mag style (crank)?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update: tried diferentes resistors on crank and cam signal and Still same issue, not revs above 1500rpm, installed bypass harness and same problem with resistor installed on crank signal, I did take off the resistor with the bypass installed and worked fine no issues, so I still have a problem with the signal on the AEM FIC 6, any ideas?

A big problem you will have with the crank signal is that it's not a typical missing tooth setup like a 36-1.  I know the HO Models have an 18-2-2-2 trigger sequence in an inverted style signal setup.  The nice thing about using a megasquirt is that they included all of the Jeep crank signals in their firmware now, and you can do a plug and play EMS to retain the factory wiring.  You may want to contact AEM and see if their tech guys can tell you if that device can decode the Jeep crank signals.

Well, still waiting for response via email, don't have the time at work to give them a call..when I called them they recommended to try the resistor and see what happens..

There are over 100 posts on the Jeep Strokers forum regarding the AEM FIC 6. Suggest you join the forum and take the time to read them. I seriously doubt you will find anyone here who has experience with this piggyback chip.

https://www.jeepstrokers.com/