Comanche Emblems Location

The Comanche emblems that are normally located on the fenders are missing on my 91 Eliminator. I think they may have been removed when Rich had the truck painted (maybe damaged when removed and not replaced). Don't know that for sure, just speculating.

I have a pair of the emblems I'd like to install but need a template or dimensioned drawing of the location on the fender. Does anyone have this info?

Just Google an image of a Cherokee or Comanche. And ball park. Both used the same mounting position for their badges. I'm sure nobody would ever noticed if you were an inch off.

Ruins the whole thing if the badges aren't in the right place. First thing I look for to see if it's a repaint. And you can sometimes judge the quality of the repaint by how close they are to the right place, but no matter how good the paint job is, it looks cruddy if the badges are an inch or more off.

Giving a quick look on Google images. Looks like they are about centered within the horizontal part of the flare. Idk maybe I'm just not THAT much of a purest. But I did a "custom" badge set up. So I guess I'm in another class anyways.

Mike - thanks for the dimensions. If you don't mind, I'll do a mock-up this weekend and send you a sketch to make sure I'm measuring from the right places.

Minuit - I'm with you on getting the location right. I'd rather leave them off than have them in the wrong place. And yes, I may be a little anal.

Great picture with dimensions!

Now if you were able to do the same picture for the other badges, I would suggest it would be FANTASTIC in a DIY thread for future reference!

It would inspire, even me, to put my badges back on the truck!

Looks cool :)

I "Think" the Chinese version of the XJ is called a 2500... Imagine if they saw a RAM 2500? Its a monster compared to my MJ

I believe it was IDed as whatever the engine size was. Kind of like the old Mazda b series pickups.