Fuel injectors

Hi guy's,

I have been thinking about installing the 4 hole injectors in my 1989 Comanche that I have read about on this forum. My question is I have also read somewhere online that the trucks computer will pick up on the fuel difference and will adjust the air fuel mixture, there will be no difference in performance or fuel mileage. Is this true? Would it be a waste of time and money? Thanks 

Hi guy's

I posted this question in the wrong forum. Anyway,  if I upgrade my injectors in my 1989 Comanche will the computer change the fuel air mixture and make it run as if I did nothing? Thanks

Nope. Take off the positive+ battery cable and touch it to a ground for 30-60 seconds. Then before hooking it back up go in turn on the headlights, than turn them off. Than hook the battery cable back up.....this resets the ECM on a Renix

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no stored memory on the Renix system. So there is no need to "reset" it. If you have a 91 or 92 with OBD-I, then you should do the above. 

The Renix system and new injectors are plug, play, and spray. 

The only reason I know to change injectors is to get a four hole spray pattern over the OEM single hole spray. Keep the same size and volume delivery. Bosch 746 injectors are the recommended upgrade for a Renix.

The procedure is wrong for Renix.

Just get a set of Volvo 746 injectors and put them in. 

If you decide the procedure for resetting is for you, follow up by walking down the sidewalk and not stepping on any cracks. 

The difference between a one hole injector (garden hose stream). Compared to a 4 hole injector ( mister spray ). The misting effect allows the majority of the fuel to burn. Yes the computer adjusts the air/fuel mixture by reading the amount of oxygen in exhaust system using to oxygen sensor. You may or may or physically notice anything but in my opinion every little bit helps in the long run.. If you are going to injector swap shop around. The prices vary a lot . I just watch a video on utube when tests few different injectors 24lb,22lb and 19lb. And shows different in scanner and smog info pretty cool info. .. I just got a set of 6,rebuilt ev1 connector (renix) 19lb bosch III all flushed and cleaned and tested for $54 free shipping. So look around on eBay

Ive had good luck with the reset procedure on my renix trucks after modifications/replacement parts  :thumbsup:

Avoiding sidewalk cracks is reputed to bring good luck (or ward off bad luck), too ...

Ive had good luck with the reset procedure on my renix trucks after modifications/replacement parts  :thumbsup:

Avoiding sidewalk cracks is reputed to bring good luck (or ward off bad luck), too ...

Yes. and it's as effective as resetting a Renix eCU. 

The procedure is wrong for Renix.

Just get a set of Volvo 746 injectors and put them in.

If you decide the procedure for resetting is for you, follow up by walking down the sidewalk and not stepping on any cracks.

:thumbsup:

The Volvo 746's are a good upgrade either way. Whether they give better performance or not. (Mine gave me noticably better throttle response, though) simply because they will not leak when they get really cold like the original Renix era metal ones do. That fuel leak was NOT fun to diagnose and fix. Fuel injectors will be one of the first things changed on the next MJ I get. And no, I did not reset my computer.

The Volvo 746's are a good upgrade either way. Whether they give better performance or not. (Mine gave me noticably better throttle response, though) simply because they will not leak when they get really cold like the original Renix era metal ones do. That fuel leak was NOT fun to diagnose and fix. Fuel injectors will be one of the first things changed on the next MJ I get. And no, I did not reset my computer.

But did you do the sidewalk thing? LOL. 

I walk entirely to fast to keep track on whether I step on cracks or not. Ol' Ma's back is still doing half decent, though :D

There ain't no sidewalks where Knuck is from..     :rotfl2:

There ain't no sidewalks where Knuck is from..     :rotfl2:

hey now we're starting to get caught up with the rest of the country! Supposed to be getting highspeed internet out where I live soon, fancy! :D