Rocker panels

Heyo every one. So I cut out my rockers some time last year , the po filled them with spray foam and bindi. Like a bonehead I forgot to take pictures of them before hand . But I'm just geting to fixing them now. Any one have a close up pick of the body line , where the rear door jamb comes down and meets the cab corner and the rocker. I remember there was some sort of recess there. Want to make it as close to stock as I can. Thanks

there should be a thread in the DIY forum where someone replaced his rockers (with rockers from another MJ) and snapped pics as he went.  check the top post in that forum for a semi-organized list of the threads. :thumbsup:

91Pioneer, is there a maker of MJ rocker panels you might suggest?

My searching found 2 companies - Sherman and C2C.  Most people had nothing good to say about C2C.  I did not find many negatives about Sherman.

91Pioneer, is there a maker of MJ rocker panels you might suggest?

My searching found 2 companies - Sherman and C2C.  Most people had nothing good to say about C2C.  I did not find many negatives about Sherman.

Neither one of them are anywhere close! Don't waste your money on them. Either find a good set on a truck or make your own. We made our own on mine and it was easier than I thought and you can't even tell! Perfect! I had maybe $8 in steel in both of them and cab corners.

Krustyballer16, teach me your ways. My truck is in need of cab corners and rocker panels. I was going to cut out the sheet metal and put in a 2x6 rectangular steel tubing that runs all the way from the front to the back. But if you can share what you did I am all ears. 

Sorry, hoping to not thread jack here OP, just excited.

These are the closest to the factory profile. Notice the front where it fits up nice against the door & fender.

http://www.fixmyrust.com/Item/1984-2001_Cherokee_Rocker_Panel_Two_Door_or_Four_Door_Driver_Side

and

http://www.rustrepair.com/PANELS/84-CHEROKEE-WAGONEER-ROCKER-4DR-7858443L.HTM

I hear the XJ rocker gets wider as it goes back. I can't say for sure if it would work, some say yes some say no, but that one is FAR superior to other rockers. For $50 I'd try one side and see how it goes.

My personal plan is to buy one of those, use it all the way back where my cab corner is gone and metal work the back to fit back into the rear part of the cab corner (in essence using it as a rocker panel and cab corner patch panel at the same time). Have not measured but I think it will be close.

Krustyballer16, teach me your ways. My truck is in need of cab corners and rocker panels. I was going to cut out the sheet metal and put in a 2x6 rectangular steel tubing that runs all the way from the front to the back. But if you can share what you did I am all ears. 

Sorry, hoping to not thread jack here OP, just excited.

We just got some 20ga. sheet metal and cut some strips and went to town. I have a little metal break too so that helped cuz there are some steps on the bottoms side too. And just took our time and tacked it all together then took it off and welded it. And the cab corners we just cut out as square as we could. Mine were mostly still there just a few holes, so it wasn't that bad to fix.

And the rockers do get wider as they go back. That's why those repop rockers are junk .They're broke straight all the way back.