need to find a thread for removing the bed

we need a DIY thread about bed removal.  looking for volunteers to either find a tech thread that's worthy or to start their own.  I know we've had good ones in the past, but my searching skills seem to be lacking today. 

Yeah 8 nuts/bolts (some are studs, some are bolts) that run through the uni-frame from underneath.

The e-brake cables and brackets will need to be unbolted and can just hang loose.

The spare tire winch assembly will need to be unbolted and removed.

The wiring for fuel system and lights connects to both the bed and uni-frame so chase the harness back and separate it from the bed, then remove the tail lights and pull the harness/bulbs down and out of the bed.

The fuel tank strap bolts connect to the bottom of the bed - these can be a pain. If they aren't rusted and break, it takes a long time to turn the nuts down the long bolts. The fuel tank can stay in place, but should be propped up with a jack stand or such to give it support.

Fuel filler hoses will need to be removed - either at the filler neck or at the tank tubes. Be careful with these as there are no replacements available at the parts stores.

Even if the truck isn't real rusty, I'd recommend pre-spraying/soaking the bed nuts/bolts and tank strap bolts with PB Blaster or the like. The studs on the bed can break fairly easily and they're a pain to replace.

I've been able to lift off both long and short beds with a buddy and I, but you may want to consider making yourself an "H" cross brace to put under the bed rails and lift it off with good sized engine hoist or gantry.

Hope all that helps!

Myself and a buddy went to a junk yard and harvested these two beds in just under 2 hrs. Wasn't fun, but wasn't as bad as anticipated.