February 2016 ● mountainman's '91

neohic

I think every month makes me smile for one reason or another based off of who the member is for MJOTM. Usually, it's Comanche related. Don't get me wrong! This month is no different that it's one hell of a truck! But... I'm going to be blunt here... that avatar. Right?... RIGHT?... 

iceland.regular.png

YEAR/MODEL ●

1991 Pioneer. Long bed 4wd  230k miles runs like new.  :)

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE 

Stock 4.0L ho engine. No performance stuff yet. Has all maint done. new plugs/cap/rotor/wires/02 sensor/TPS/IAC valve. valve cover/oil pan/rear main resealed. New Tchain and harmonic balancer. Brown dog motor mounts. 

DRIVETRAIN 

AX15 trans, fresh clutch 2 weeks ago, new output seal and filled with redline trans fluid. NP231 Tcase,new input seal and output seal and fresh fluid.  Dana 30 front with 4.11s. Dana 44 rear with 4.11s and aussie locker.

COOLING 

Stock late model cherokee alum radiator. New Elec fan, all new hoses/coolant T stat. New AC condenser and fresh R12. 

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

All stock at current. New ign switch and tumbler

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Clayton short arms upper and lower with johnny joints. Clayton 6.5" springs. Clayton Track bar and drop bracket. Clayton drop pitman arm. JKS quicker disconnects. JKS stem eliminators. Ruffstuff SOA kit in the rear. New moog leaf bushings. Bilstein 5150 shocks front and rear. 

INTERIOR 

All stock, bench seat.

BRAKES 

Stock up front. Rear used to have 9 inch drums on D35. Now has 10.5x2.5 drums. Noticeable difference

LIGHTING 

Stock for now. Rock lights and light bar coming soon.

EXTERIOR 

Stock with fenders cut. Original long bed rubber mat. 

WHEELS/TIRES ●

American racing D window style. 15x8"  35x12.5BFG KM2

MISCELLANEOUS 

Coming Soon: rock sliders, also rear bumper with sliders. Then front bumper and winch. Spare with mounts and nitrogen tank for airing up. 

FULL BUILD THREAD

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●

I was heading to emmigrant gap about 3 years ago on highway 80 for a campout i do every year. Truck was bone stock. I had the cap on back and it was loaded heavy with camping equipment/antiques. I came over a knoll and changed lanes to get off at my off ramp, the road was a mess from road work(2 diff levels). It sent the front end into the most violent death wobble ive ever experienced. I pulled it out of gear to wrestle the wheel and get off the road. My offramp was right there. Well it shook so hard it dies... engine is dead. Ive got no power steering and no vac assist on the brakes. I get aimed at the offramp just before it died. Well i hit the brakes and it isnt slowing down... WTF!!!   i push them again... near floor and only slowing maybe 50%. pump again... both feet on tiny pedal.... not gonna stop in time. Thank goodness this was an intersection in BFE. rolled right through it and up the onramp on other side. got out, pissed off cause i hate death wobble but laughing cause i was alive and nobody saw the event. look under hood.... Crank sender disconnected. no biggie. recon and started right up. Hmmm.... why couldnt i stop.... touch front wheels....broiling... rears...cold.   Look underneath...the rod for the brake valve was off the axle and hanging. So i had no rear brakes at all. JEEZUS!!!! 

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●

Cause Its an MJ only page and all the people are really helpful. 

Dave... Dave... Dave... you know you can never change that avatar of yours, right? Pretty sure it's kind of a staple around here. Anyhow... the truck, right?! Huge fan if this one! I'm definitely a sucker for a clean, white MJ. Not only that but it sure looks like it gets out there to be used. Real nice, man!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

• 2 weeks later...