91 and newer 2.5l intake into 86 2.5l

My 91 and 95 intakes are the same casting #,at a glance they look the same.

My 91 is identical to your 92 it says REV but no code but has AM on it which the 95 does not, my 95 says REV. Y .

Since you say the bosses are different between them then that Revision code may be a way to ID the correct manifold.

18 minutes ago, mnkyboy said:

My 91 and 95 intakes are the same casting #,at a glance they look the same.

My 91 is identical to your 92 it says REV but no code but has AM on it which the 95 does not, my 95 says REV. Y .

Since you say the bosses are different between them then that Revision code may be a way to ID the correct manifold.

Yeah, there was a change, IDK what year, I was just giving a reference point. 

Belt position was brought in closer to the block on the later years by about 1/2", accessory brackets are completely different. AMC models the PS pump is the belt tensioner, later models the PS pump is fixed to the intake and a tensioner is below and separate. This is where the bosses change.

My 95 stuff pulled everything in a bit from the Renix set up, i was swapping everything anyway so it didnt effect me.

As far as i know these are the castings, it looks like there was revisions but i don't know what all would be different.

91-95 33007051 (2 hole PS mount)

96 up 53010244 (3 hols PS mount)

The 96 up had the later seperate tensioner, i found the difference when i tried installing an AGR PS pump on my 95 manifold, it took some work but i was able to make it fit the early style bracket.

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Jeep Driver said:

You have to find a '92 intake, the PS bosses need to match the AMC accessories to get the belt alignment. 

You'll have to make your own adapter, MPI gasket below and TBI gasket above. 

Thermo housing is still available, AMC type, you can use the Chrysler style, just make certain you make a provision for the temp sender, crucial. 

Is temp sender a part of my current intake manifold, is that reason for thermostat housing to have it? Thank you also, gasket below and about adapter plate, what did you make your plate out of, would you want to make me one😅? Mine was 91-95 intake, it has only 2 mounting holes for power steering pump.