MJ Dana 44 vs Ram 1500 9.25"

ok, so I have in my possession an MJ Dana 44 with 3.07 and lsd. but it needs a full break rebuild, as all there is a backing plate nothing else, it also would need a re-gear to 4.10's for my current plans

I also have a ram 1500 9.25 with 4.10 and either a lsd or locker (guy I bought it off of said it has one or the other. I've tested and it does have one or the other) but the bolt pattern is 5 5x5, but apparently 79 axle which has 5 5x4.5 will fit my late 90's housing, it also need brake work, but just hard line and shoes, it currently have perches set up for an XJ so those will have to be moved.

so I'm just looking for opinions  on which you guys would use?

thanks

edit, I opened it up today. it has whatever the factory 9.25 traction control was.

Ram is a full size truck, so it will be a decent amount wider. When I was into Dakota's, lots of them would swap the C9.25 as an upgrade. If you want 4.10s and a traction device I would swap it in. 

Depending on what front axle you are planning on running, Consider leaving the Ram C9.25 with the current bolt pattern and get a set of wheels in that lug pattern and run wheel adapters in front to match. 

I'm just going to post this here instead of starting another thread.

Will the 4.10 gears out of a tj Rubicon with a dana 44 fit in my mj dana44. This is for the rear axle.

Thanks.

Yes, assuming the MJ axle has the 3 series carrier (3.73 and down; numerically). The Rubi uses thick cut gears and are attached to a 3 series carrier from the factory. Good luck finding a shop who will spend the time to set up used gears.

My dana44 has 3.07.sooo yes? I'm probably going to do it myself with help from one of the guys in my local jeep club.

Yup, you are good.

Rubi 44 whole diff assembly into mj44. E-locker and all?

TJ Rubi has an air locker. I am not sure if the JK parts will swap over or not. The problem is that most TJ Rubi people think they have gold. But, a few nearly give them away when upgrading to ARB. I got one for a song that I will install in my MJ44 someday.

Rubi 44 whole diff assembly into mj44. E-locker and all?

Sorry i guess i should of been more clear. I would just be getting the R&P from someone. Cuase they are going to 4.88s

But if i can get the whole Assembly that would be pretty darn nifty.