Did the base trucks include a lighter socket, and did the US ones come with a radio?

Did the base trucks include a lighter socket but without the lighter, or did they not include the socket as well? And did the US base '91-'92 include a radio, or at least the speakers, or did they come with nothing? The Canadian 1992 brochure that Catatonic Comanche posted says that a radio was optional in the base trucks, but I'm wondering if the US ones were any different as it mentions that both daytime running lights are standard, as well as a block heater, but I think that the US trucks wouldn't have those standard.

DRL's are and were legally required in Canada. Block heaters aren't legally required, but save for a few spots on the left coast, definitely required by climate.

I've yet to see an XJ or MJ up here without a cigarette lighter. Haven't seen one without a radio either, but half of them have something aftermarket, so who knows.

My 87 had an AM radio, no cigarette lighter, and a cargo mat.

Do you remember if the cigarette lighter panel was blank, of if it had just the socket installed and not the lighter element?

It had a blank plate, but the wiring for the lighter was tucked into the dash

My 87 had an AM radio, no cigarette lighter, and a cargo mat.

Do you remember if the cigarette lighter panel was blank, of if it had just the socket installed and not the lighter element?

It had a blank plate, but the wiring for the lighter was tucked into the dash

So it would be possible to "Junkyard Option" one in easily enough, if a power socket was needed.

My 87 base had no lighter and no radio, just smooth plates, vinyl bench and rubber floor, no rear bumper, no right side mirror, and a cover in the fender for the antenna hole. To upgrade everything was plug and play for the most part. The lighter just plugged up, as well as the clock and the radio, though there were no speakers. but all the wiring was there already.

My 91 came with an aftermarket shaft type radio and door speakers surface mounted to the door panels, in the stock location.  When I got my spec sheet from Chrysler, it said it was delivered without the radio option.  I believe mine was dealer installed.  The doors had hole plugs in place instead of the rubber tunnel for the wires.  They had simply drilled small holes in the plugs to run the door speaker wires.  I replaced these with the rubber tunnel from a junkyard Cherokee.  It also did not have the rear speaker brackets or speakers in place.    

I believe my 91 (very similar to schardein's truck) to have not come with a radio. The door panels did not have holes for speakers, the wiring holes for the doors have plugs, and there were no rear speaker brackets. The front speakers when I got it were installed incorrectly in the lower dash panel, and the rear trim panels were cut out for 6x9 speakers. None of the wiring to the speakers looks factory.