When did they stop putting the "Station Wagon" steering wheels in the Jeeps, and when did they remove the "bolts" on the three spoke?

When did they stop putting the "Station Wagon" steering wheels in the Jeeps, and when did they remove the "bolts" on the three spoke? I like the looks of the "boltless" wheels better, and they should've done that from the beginning. Is the center of the "Station Wagon" wheel shiny like the ones GM used, or is the "Jeep" embossed in the center?

The three-spoke steering wheel's centre cap either has a circle of fake bolts around the outer edge or else it's smooth. I was under the impression the early ones had bolts and the later ones didn't, but they may have been related to trim level. I guess they could have been swapped, but the '93 up country XJ donor had the bolts and my '91 MJ Pioneer didn't.

I can't tell you much about the two-spoke wheel.

I like my basic black steering wheel. So much, in fact, that it's getting swapped over to the new tilt column when I go floor shift/buckets.

34yA7kSl.jpg

Pain in the butt-tocks to keep clean though. Dust always gets into that rim on the outside.

How can you not like this? I don't know the change year but early MJs had this style, it's in the sales brochures.

I'm with him.  My '87 came with one of these in black.  I haven't seen one yet that I like as well as this.  In fact, when someone sits in my truck, their first comment is how comfortable the seats are.  Then they comment about the steering wheel.  But then again, maybe its an "old guy" thing... :laughin:

I like my basic black steering wheel. So much, in fact, that it's getting swapped over to the new tilt column when I go floor shift/buckets.

34yA7kSl.jpg

Pain in the butt-tocks to keep clean though. Dust always gets into that rim on the outside.

:agree: X2 on everything you said, I have the same exact steering wheel and absolutely love it !!! in fact I have a spare " just in case" :cheers: