MJOTM - October, 2015 - ggcnash's '91

Count it up, gang! It's October again and that means that 2015 is 3/4 over. The leaves are changing in my area already. Hell... give it a few weeks and there'll probably be snow on the ground. You know what's awesome though? Year... round... awesome... MJs. We're chock full of them around here, have you noticed?! Sometimes they're right up front and center. Other times you need to dig around a little bit. Here's one! Time to temporarily stop digging and just sit back and enjoy...

typo-sketch-demo.regular.png

9333db19362556fa977d1d6851558b25.jpg

YEAR/MODEL 

91 pioneer 4x4 conversion

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●

4.0/4hole Bosch injectors

K&N CAI

FM 50 muffler

DRIVETRAIN ●

(96xj) AW4.231

(99xj) HP.D30 4.10s TrueTrac

(89mj) D35 4.10s

Front xj driveshaft

Tom Woods rear driveshaft

(Have MJ D44, saving $ for regear and TrueTrac)

COOLING ●

CSF 3row Rad

HB's 97+ duel Efan upgrade

Heater control valve delete with 97+ heater hoses

Full -6AN plumbed trans cooler.

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

Optima blue top

136a alternator

Complete 2 gauge connection upgrade 

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Front- RE 3.5" springs, RE Adj. Trac bar, sway bar disconnects, Bilstein 5100s
Rear-HC 3" springs, Bilstein 5125s
Steering- Stock

INTERIOR ●

Rhino lined floorboards

Dynamat whole cab

Mass backing carpet

97+ weatherstripping

Had buckets from 88 Laredo reupholstered and installed looked very sexyemoji106.png very comfy! Well wife hated them she couldn't ride with me and my son. So got the bench reupholstered and back in it went.

Erumatec Bpillar LEDs

Sony BT head unit

New kicker speakers front and rear

15% window tint

BRAKES ●

95-96 Dual Booster upgrade

Bypassed height load valve in rear

LIGHTING ●

Headlight harness upgrade

EXTERIOR ●

Stock

WHEELS/TIRES ●

2014 Rubicon wheels and tires 255/75/17's

Spidertrax 1.25" 5x5 adapters

MISCELLANEOUS ●

Boostwerks 231 shift linkage (great product)

HB's semi-permanent fuel pressure gauge (one of my favorites)

f77dca8b717526a68cbf88a1582ad044.jpg

4f516f09be7388ae856d3a047ccde308.jpg

1b053fccc106066194de96a9add5da16.jpg

91f2d7da1738b7a7720ecf307b88cd14.jpg

062e127dfde06eb3ba614c787d48f953.jpg

d2c2fadcdb8e8d88394783d90b4d1105.jpg

42db79f581a9f5a9dbb03d909d7c4793.jpg

5c327194c0a62a92140914efcf40791d.jpg

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●

Honestly way too many too list where do I start, my dad has owned an 88 since I was a kid. Just a few milestones in an MJ, driving test, first truck, first date, and many more, but memory's riding around with my dad would probably stand out the most. 

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●

Very knowledgeable core group of guys that insists on this being the best forum on the web!

I would also like to add that I appreciate you guys for all the help and inspiration that you have given me to get out and work on the manche!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I am admittedly a sucker for a clean, white Comanche. This is pretty much the definition of clean! Very nice truck, sir, and thanks for building it the way it is. Congratulations and enjoy your month!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

Congrats mate. Love the Rubi 17" wheels, and the buckets - but whoops - they are gone now. But you gotta keep Mama happy.  :yes:  Very tastefully done, great mods, and clean, clean, clean. Well done. I love this truck.  

Thanks guys, for the kind words it means a lot! Now as far as the buckets go definitely loads more comfy, but surprisingly the bench just makes the cab feel so much more roomy. I also grabbed a small bench console (armrest) that fits nicely.

I do have the original block off plate for center console service edition xj problem is they mounted something on it so it has 4 screw holes in center I must fix. To answer your question not sure if it was in there during pic or not? Had it in and out a lot. I'll snap some pics the OE block off plate tonight. You could make one pretty easy. They are hard to come by considering they only came in the column shift xjs that opted for center console, because most of those came with no console.

I'll snap some pics the OE block off plate tonight. You could make one pretty easy. They are hard to come by considering they only came in the column shift xjs that opted for center console, because most of those came with no console.

I'd sure like to see a pic of it. They are not shown as an option in the parts manual anywhere that I can find.  :hmm:

I'll snap some pics the OE block off plate tonight. You could make one pretty easy. They are hard to come by considering they only came in the column shift xjs that opted for center console, because most of those came with no console.

I'd sure like to see a pic of it. They are not shown as an option in the parts manual anywhere that I can find.  :hmm:

I agree!

I'd sure like to see a pic of it. They are not shown as an option in the parts manual anywhere that I can find. :hmm:

Posted in tech

• 3 months later...

Hey man beautiful truck. How did those tires fit up no issues ?

Thanks, to answer your question, no rubbing with the RE 3.5 and 1/2" spacers before I put the spacers they would slightly rub at full lock, although it was very minimal the only reason I added the spacers was to level it out with the HC springs in rear.

• 2 weeks later...