Who makes the strongest rocker rails?

I been wanting to get a set for the LWB MJ, and I only found 2 company's thst takes forever to make them. Yesterday, after playing with the Jeep on some trails on ft benning, coming out of the trail, I almost got hit by a small car that ran off the road and crashed into the woods. It freaked me out. And it makes me wanting to get rails even more. I can't make my own because I live in the barracks and I can't weld. If I was going to go custom, how would I have very strong rails made? How much would the price range be in? It would be easier to find some bolt on or did style and pay a garage to weld it together

I'd also check nates. But rock rails aren't meant to protect you in a tbone. They're just for rocks and logs and stuff between your tires.

I know they won't do much or anything in a tbone. And its better then nothing... But I been bottoming out on the body lately, and I need to start uparmoring the jeep since I'm starting to take it out on trails more and more.

I emailed Nate after I read reviews on how it took 3 months for people to receive their products. Nate said, 3 weeks for me. I like his design alot. Ill check out Spadano enterprises too

2x2 1/4 wall square, 1.75 DOM (can't rem gage) round, the three tubes are welded to the frame, the plates are clamped to the pinch seam. 

They are super solid and get used.

IMG_1307-L.jpg

And how they are used.

IMG_5150-L.jpg

Those are what I'm thinking about going with, when I get to that point. But, frame stiffeners are higher on the list, along with 4WD swap. Aside from the frame stiffeners, if I can get my friend, who knows how to weld better than me, to help me fab up some custom rock rails. I do like how Nate's has their pinch seam setup. 

I custom made mine. pretty easy too.  used a hole saw to cut through the frame (both sides), cut some stress spreading plates with the holesaw and a grinder, cut 3 outriggers made from round DOM, and 2x2 1/4" for the rocker guard length.  I don't have a real welder, so I had to farm that part out, but that was maybe 40 bucks.  It functions as both frame strengthener and rocker guard.

I have nates on mine, They're pretty beefy.

First time i went out with them, I got them jammed on a very large stump & My 4x4 linkage came loose and shifted into 2wd.

Had to be winched out, Ended up pulling the stump out of the ground completey with the sliders.

Fort Benning doesn't have a shop that you can use? When I was at Fort lost in the woods there was a shop that you could rent and use the tools, if ya had a good buddy in maintenance they would probably weld you something up too

We do have a Auto Skill Center, but we can't use the welder, the civilians have to do it. And my unit is disbanding in December. I havent been in the motor pool in 2 months and we don't have anyone that can weld there anyway. Id have to get a shop to make and install it.

I wana go with Nates.

give me a couple months and i should have some SWB and LWB sets made. similar to nates4x4. i acquired a very accurate diagram for them. but i have some changes id like to make to my sets. (also will have xj sets too) 

and could probably do a slider/ hitch packaged deal! 

I would buy a SWB set right now!

Put me down for the first set!

You're getting the first prototype since it was your idea to me. Ha.

And it will be a couple months until I'm moved into my new garage and until I can spend money on materials. Cash is a little tight right now with all the stupid bank cost and stuff.

And it's slider and hitch package. Set of sliders and a hitch. For the people still needing a hitch...

• 4 months later...