Cab Clearance Lights?

I gotta buy some lights first but I think I will as I need to do some fiberglass repair on the visor anyways.   question is should I do top mount or the front lip mount? I'm leaning more toward front lip but don't know if it will be angled too much down

When I read the first post about cab lights on a TJ, I was hesitant to scroll down. However, I must say your execution is done very well.

Thank you. I'm the only person I know that's done it. I think it came out great. Everything is internal to the windshield frame on the TJ. Just a single grommeted wire at the base of the interior windshield that then goes under the dash

Not something I would do to my Comanche sun visor or not...The down angle would be to much on visor. But they do look great on the TJ, as has been said well executed. Will keep these in mind for a Truck where clearance lights are required. Do you have a link for them Thanks

they're maxxima 3/4" led lights. they come in many colors (amber, red, blue, green, white, ect) , and can be found on eBay for $5-10.           I have two lund visors anyways and there just fiberglass. if I drilled holes in them and ended up not liking them I can just refiberglass the holes and paint without much hassle

From what I read they will fit any lund old style visor

I was just looking at a couple of Lund visor that I have in stock, one for an MJ and one for an XJ, one lighted and the other not.

I"m not sure how well they will retrofit the non lighted visor as the lighted visor has a molded in recessed lens an socket receptacle.

Might take some cutting and fiber glassing to make them work.

so since its a no go on those dodge ones for me, as they won't fit the visor, thinking of alternatives.   going back on my flush mount lights I used on the TJ  or possibly these squared off ones to match the body lines a little better.        opinions?

$_12.JPG

or

$T2eC16Z,!)QFIbutd2qWBSVcQf0g-w~~60_12.J