ground questions, doing cruiser's renix tips

So I started on the ground tips from cruiser today...

These are probably stupid questions, but here we go...

I moved the battery ground to be with the sensor grounds on the block, is that fine?

Side note on that one, I removed the stud to really clean things up and when I took it out, there was white powder on it, and it had a really strong odor, like a chemical smell.  I cleaned it all off and removed it from the hole.  Any ideas what that stuff was?

Also, even with my smallest ratchet, stripped the nice star end that you use to remove/tighten the stud, guess if I ever have to take it out again I will be double nutting it...

sensorground.jpg

Next is about the firewall ground.  I got the new #4 gauge wire and attached it to a heat shield bolt on the intake manifold, I assume I did this to the right location?  The main question was it seemed like it was going to be a pain in the butt to get the rear head bolt off to remove the old ground strap, I couldn't get a tall socket on that bolt, so I just left it attached.

firewallground.jpg

Here is my extra ground on my battery just for fun...

batteryground.jpg

Couldn't have done it better myself!! It's all good. 

I stole your photos.............

that braided cable is pretty weak at the other end, probably not doing much, can I just cut that cable off and not mess with the head bolt and just have the #4 wire to the intake heatshield bolt and nothing else?  One less wire in there and it's took screwed up to be helping much.

Couldn't have done it better myself!! It's all good. 

I stole your photos.............

that braided cable is pretty weak at the other end, probably not doing much, can I just cut that cable off and not mess with the head bolt and just have the #4 wire to the intake heatshield bolt and nothing else?  One less wire in there and it's took screwed up to be helping much.

Sure. No worries.