Fuel injector help

I want to replace my Fuel injectors.  This is a 89 4.0 Renix...

I've read that Cruiser says the Volvo ones are the best 0280155746

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200902253274?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've also read the flow is not right and you should use the Bosch ones, I think they are (0280150943)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Yr-Warranty-Bosch-Upgrade-4-Hole-87-90-4-0L-Jeep-Inline-6-Fuel-Injector-Set-/131566828419?hash=item1ea1fe7b83&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

I know people like the ones from this guy.

http://precisionautoinjectors.com/collections/jeep-injectors/products/bosch-3rd-generation-4-hole-upgrade-ev6-fuel-injectors-for-1987-1995-jeep-4-0l-engines

I think those are the same as my second eBay link...

I keep reading different things though.  Some say you need more fuel pressure, or a different regulator, or to change sensors, or to tune things differently, etc...

I've got a leaking stock injector and some are clogged and figured I should upgrade.

I'm looking for plug and play, no down sides, would get stock OEM ones, but they are more expensive and prone to leaking, so that seems stupid.

Not looking for performance enhancements or anything crazy, just good running better than factory, plug and play injectors.

Thoughts?

Nope. I would STRONGLY suggest going through a guy Programbo (username on Jeep Cherokee fourm). He sells fully cleaned (ultrasonic cleaning and reverse flushed) for $80 and gives you two extra injectors usually.

Volvo 746 injectors refurbished from Programbo on Cherokee Forum

He can get them to you within a few days because he has a ton in stock.

In my honest opinion, this guy was the cheapest and easiest way of getting upgraded injectors.

Cruiser's advice has always been golden in my case ...

The second option, the 2 piece injectors, I would avoid, often they leak at the plastic/steel juncture. Mine did, right after I kitted the originals.

The third set would also work, I believe the main thing to look for is the plug in connection, make sure you don't get something off the wall.

Your original injectors use a metal clip, not used with the one piece body, more injection hole, later style.

If Cruiser recommended that particular injector, that is where I would go.

There are also some Ford ones that will work, and they are pretty much the same look as the Volvo ones, I assume there is an advantage to the Volvo ones.

So the Volvo are plug and plug, nothing else needed to put them in, and no new fuel pump or regulator?

If so, I'm in... I am sending a PM to Programbo now...

Well I didint change anything besides the injectors, and its working pretty well.

So are those the best for Renix and HO? I got burnt on some eBay ones last week. 1 bad and trouble itch seller making it right. I will post up name but it is someone Oates in Oakland,CA on the eBay ad. Straight used injectors no cleaning or anything.

So are those the best for Renix and HO? I got burnt on some eBay ones last week. 1 bad and trouble itch seller making it right. I will post up name but it is someone Oates in Oakland,CA on the eBay ad. Straight used injectors no cleaning or anything.

Volvos for renix, neon or mustangs for HO I think. And did u send them back?

I use the "Neon" injectors (Bosch 0 280 155 703) for the stroker with a Hesco adj. fuel pressure regulator. These are EV6 injectors with EV1 connectors (no adapters needed using the stock 91-95 HO harness). The Neon injectors also work well for the stock HOs using the factory regulator.

Got them from Programbo also. Good guy............

Volvos for renix, neon or mustangs for HO I think. And did u send them back?

I should know tomorrow

UPDATE: The seller, EastBayAreaParts, approved the return without any hassles.  

Programbo on Cherokee forum............Knows his stuff. 

Does he sell on ebay or anywhere other than the forum?

From what I can tell no...  I sent him a PM on cherokeeforum on Friday, the 31st...  He hasn't responded yet, but could just be busy...  He hasn't posted on there since the 25th, not sure how often he looks or how many orders he has coming in...

I want to get good ones, so I plan to give him another week, but after that I'm sure I will get impatient and just get them off eBay and try my luck.

I ended up going with the ones from eBay from my link.

Programbo said on 7/20

"I still clean, rebuild and sell occassional sets when I have the time"

The eBay person has 99.9% positive rating, thousands of people giving great reviews on the quality and function, offers a warranty, good return policy, and I ordered a pack of 8 so I will have two extra.

Kinda expensive, but I'm ready for this upgrade.

• 6 years later...

I’m having fuel leaking where the injector go’s into engine port side not the rail side ! I’ve replaced the  O-rings three different times  but still continues to leak I’ve made sure the o-rings are seated and  the injectors weren’t too tight but still leaking from out of the engine port side ! Be checked injector fir cracks but it is a solid steal injector  Oem original injector ! Any suggestionsS?  And where can I buy new injectors and what’s the price ? Thank you !