This one? Another ax15 question sorry

The AX-4 and AX-5 look very similar to the AX-15 but that big inch thick ring of metal you see between the front and back halves is made of a different metal.  for the life of me I can't remember which one is steel and which is aluminum. :(  hopefully someone else will chime in with the answer.  bring a magnet with you when examining a potential transmission.

The AX-4/5 will not bolt to a 4.0 (not that you would want to anyway since it's weaker and will likely blow up)

to the left is an AX-15, to the right is an AX-5.  The center ring is aluminum on the AX-15.  It's steel on the AX-5 and AX-4.

ignore the bellhousing on the AX-15 in this pic, as it is from a Dakota.

to the left is an AX-15, to the right is an AX-5. The center ring is aluminum on the AX-15. It's steel on the AX-5 and AX-4.

ignore the bellhousing on the AX-15 in this pic, as it is from a Dakota.

Thanks, I'm trying to convince my dad to let me get a parts Cherokee but he doesn't want another jeep sitting around. Wonder why? Lol

So i found an ax15. It would come with everything. Shifter, linkage, cross member, transfer case, used but recently new clutch and the tranny. It's 500$ but is still internal slave. Any thoughts anyone?

I'm still working on my dad

$250 more and you'll have a whole Jeep!

Well I can get the jeep not turns out that we have a friend with property, and I can keep it there but I'll have to be working in the dirt but whatever. But now the guy isn't responding so I'm crossing my fingers he hasn't sold it.