This one? Another ax15 question sorry

You will need to find a BH for an external slave.

My 2¢:  Keep looking for one with a complete ext. sl. set up.  It will cost more than this one, but less than piecing them together.

Ebay has BHs for $175 - $200 +/-.  You'll be $500+ on a complete setup.

If you can find one for $500 or under, you'll be ahead.

You will need to find a BH for an external slave.

My 2¢: Keep looking for one with a complete ext. sl. set up. It will cost more than this one, but less than piecing them together.

Ebay has BHs for $175 - $200 +/-. You'll be $500+ on a complete setup.

If you can find one for $500 or under, you'll be ahead.

Ok thanks

Why do you HAVE TO HAVE an external slave? IMHO if you put a NEW MOPAR internal slave you should be good

with this tranny. http://seattle.craig...5106892504.html

FWIW you WILL need ALL the TC linkages for the AX15 from the vehicle it came from including the body side bracket. This bracket has the linkage holes in different location that is specific for an AX 15.

I'd say pick it up....

And look for the pcs to swap it...or save it for a back up...

Some guys get lucky to find a complete external slave set up and some don't....

Where I'm located the ax15's are scarce and people want $$$ for it....internal or external slave

Why do you HAVE TO HAVE an external slave? IMHO if you put a NEW MOPAR internal slave you should be good

with this tranny. http://seattle.craig...5106892504.html

FWIW you WILL need ALL the TC linkages for the AX15 from the vehicle it came from including the body side bracket. This bracket has the linkage holes in different location that is specific for an AX 15.

If it doesn't come with it, can I buy them? Also this guy said it needs a new clutch and it has 280k miles so I'm going to keep looking anyway

So I just called a guy about a tax15 and transfer case still bolt together and he's give it to me for 100$. It came out of an 88 Cherokee. It's all complete but has an internal Slave. I'd convert it. He said it work perfect when he took it out. The motor blew so he parted the thing out. Anyone have an input in this?

Double check that.  The 88 XJ would have come with a BA10 and a 21 spline Tcase.  If a PO swapped trans and tcase then you are good to go.

(The tcase for the AX15 has a 23 spline input.)

I now you already got it but here's my info.

Be sure its not an BA10.

Just FYI I paid $500 for a AX15 with external slave several years ago. It was rebuilt with very lows miles. I got lucky. Works fine. On the wifes XJ i found a AX15  with a rebuilt 231 attached for $750 and got the driveshafts. Works great also. The wifes XJ is an 89 but came with a BA10 so the upgrade. If you find the right AX15 the TC case is easy to rebuild.

I now you already got it but here's my info.

Be sure its not an BA10.

Just FYI I paid $500 for a AX15 with external slave several years ago. It was rebuilt with very lows miles. I got lucky. Works fine. On the wifes XJ i found a AX15 with a rebuilt 231 attached for $750 and got the driveshafts. Works great also. The wifes XJ is an 89 but came with a BA10 so the upgrade. If you find the right AX15 the TC case is easy to rebuild.

That link is to a 95 Cherokee. It runs and drives. 750$ I'd take the seats too. Would that be a good donor?

Don't quote me on this but I just looked at the BA10 sitting in my yard and I think there the same. Sorry was looking at the original post.  

For $750 I think the second XJ is worth taking the whole thing. I would think that XJ has everything you would need except 4 doors. lol.

If it was me...I would have owned that XJ as soon as I seen it.
Soooo many parts.... :drool:

don't forget the "Jeep rule" concerning purchasing Jeeps and parts to others

"It's easier to do it and beg for forgiveness, than to ask and be told NO".

Honestly, that XJ is a gold mine especially because of the AX15 and the 2dr specific parts like the doors and glass which are getting harder to find =$$$$.

One more thing you said the guy told you "it would need a new clutch", and I say"wise man does not put tranny in with old or questionable clutch assembly or components".

S0 i think I'm going to get one out of an 89 with a transfer case and crossmember. its only 100$. I'm going to put it on craigslist when i get it and try to sell it but if not I'm just going to convert it to external and whatever else i need to do and slap her in.