Brush guards and bumper comparability

Is there anything I should know about brush guards and the compatibility with bumpers on an 87 'Manche

I'm trying to replace the missing front bumper and I've found several brushguards of various styles. Do certain bumpers have compatability issues with the guards? And do they mount together for support or separately?

I'm looking for a full brush guard that covers whole front end, light to light any suggestions ?

Have seen some of the OLD Warn Transformer guard on occasion on eBay.  They look the best. 

Someone on here has it one theirs... it's a thing of beauty. ( I looked and looked and could not find it. )

http://comancheclub.com/topic/38117-comanche-of-the-month-april-2013/ 

I went old school and it was only $17 at the PAP cause I am cheap. It's only the center section.

I know mine doesn't mount to the bumper bracket or frame. Its just to the bumper sheetmetal. So although it looks nice. Not much actual protection... so instead of just hitting my bumper. If I got hit it would just cream my whole nose.

• 3 months later...

Have seen some of the OLD Warn Transformer guard on occasion on eBay.  They look the best.

I agree but havent been able to find one since

theyve been discontinued. I'm seriously looking

at the warrior combo ($660 on amazon) but can't

find anyone local to look at it in person.

can't justify $900+ for NOS Warn, can't seem to

score an OEM either...