Upgrading to 97+ 4.0 from a renix, Question regarding Trans

Hey everyone, I'm sure someone has asked this before and if so if someone knows the thread i would be very grateful.

Other wise what i am trying to determine is how difficult if possible is it to upgrade to the 97+ 4.0L with dash and everything but still being able to retain the drive line from the transmission down. Currently i have a renix 4.0 in my 88' comache which was converted to 4wd with a ax-15, transfercase(not sure which type), and axles that supposedly came from another comanche of the same year. It was 2wd with the puegot trans before the swap. I would really like to keep it a manual rather than changing it to the auto trans common in the newer cherokees. Alternatively is it reasonable to use the dash and drivetrain out of tj? I don't know if anyone has tried this or if its even possible to do. Anyone here have advice?

The pilot diameter on the early AX15s is different than the late ones, and Renix v.s. H.O. the hole in the crankshaft is a different size...so good luck finding an off the shelf pilot bearing or bushing!

I stumbled across someone on here who had and extra bushing custom made by a local machine shop when I did my H.O. swap.  This problem stalled the project for at least a week; prepare yourself.