Mj chief found!

cbreiter

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this, but there is an '87 2wd chief at pick n pull in Edmonton. It was pretty complete, I took some stuff off it, but for any Alberta members, it would be pretty good! Had a good set of tail lights, unfortunately, a drill will be needed to remove them. It's a 4.0 with a 5 speed. Has half decent bucket seats in it too.9eb740aa0ae4362a6398f83d6c58f43a.jpg

Few reasons might be that People don't appreciate it , no need for it , or one little problem that the truck gives and they think it's completely unreliable or unusable , or they try to fix it with lets say for example " a cheap cps to cure a no start " and it doesn't fix it and they give up on it and then think a new car is the only way to go yet they're going to be wasting even more money on car payments and they won't be something so awesome and unique like a comanche ;)

Don't forget that a good portion of people outside the Jeep/MJ community see these as just another tin can light truck. Another good portion of people will buy something for 1500 bucks and drive it into the ground. Another good portion of people will throw a vehicle away because there's a tiny little paint blemish somewhere on it.

Why in H*ll does anyone sell a MJ to a junk, scrap, salvage yard? If it has'nt been totaled.

I see damage to the fender, cab corner, and box. That would easily be enough to total it. Probably just an estimate to replace the fender would total it.

Hi All I was just out there this morning and the driver's side (door on back to mid box) is pretty rough. There's a lot of rust and it looks like it's been hit or hit something on that side. It's got a D35 in the back which looks to be in good shape and rusty height sensing valve. The interior is in good shape but mice have been at it a little bit. Black carpet is probably not worth saving. The buckets are the black vinyl caning pattern (not cloth) but there are some tears on both seats. I am not sure how you would repair that since it feels like plastic and might not have the ability to be sealed/sewn? I don't know. The rear sliding glass is good but windshield and hood are damaged. Engine bay has already been pulled apart and the rear fender trim pieces are pulled and just sitting there. There is only one rear mudflap and rear bumper is straight (relatively lol!) but rusted through. The truck's odometer reads 274,000ish KMs. Wheels are gone.

I did grab the 3/4 gauge cluster, some black plastic interior pieces and the tail lights but someone stripped the torx heads!  :fs1:

Anyway this truck's body looks like it was probably getting ready to give up the ghost but for what I paid in parts the PO probably could have made a little cash (more than PnP pays)!

Sorry no photos my stinking phone was dead - again!

Chris

Why in H*ll does anyone sell a MJ to a junk, scrap, salvage yard? If it has'nt been totaled.

I see damage to the fender, cab corner, and box. That would easily be enough to total it. Probably just an estimate to replace the fender would total it.

one mans junk is another mans treasure.  That truck doesn't look so beat up it couldn't be straighted up a bit for cheap and turned into a good budget off roader.  It would easily sell for the same price a scrap yard would fetch, if even a bit more if it ran or at least could run and drive with a little work.  I side with jimoshel on this one, but I also see potential where others see scrap.

Lol, I filled the whole trunk of my Ford Taurus with mj parts! Last year there was an mj at pick n pull in Calgary, they had a wreaked one, and one for sale too. Still wish I had bought it! It was light blue with a matching cap!