I bought this 1988 Jeep Comanche Standard from a gentleman in Jackson, Tennessee earlier in the year.  He had owned it since 2007, having purchased it from someone in Florida, and he has done a lot of work on it.  But he is involved in another project vehicle he wanted to complete and decided to sell the Comanche in its yet unfinished state and use the money for the other vehicle he is building.  

I will try to post photos when it comes out of the paint shop.

Although I have long liked Jeep Comanche's I never found one that was available in a condition that it could be converted to a head-turning driver without major expense.

Although I will end up with more money in this one than the market will return it should be everything I wanted in a CJ, complete with fresh paint, over sized new tires and wheels, lift kit, custom made heavy duty front and rear bumpers, a newly rebuilt Chevy 350 (with lots of chrome) a five speed manual transmission, a new front windshield, a great new radio and sound system, all new interior over soundproofing, etc. 

I am new to Comanche Club, and I have recently been reading a lot of the forum posting with interest.  This looks like the place to read and learn from those of you that have been willing to share your vast knowledge.  I thank you for taking the time to post what you have learned over the years.  JRLinTN

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

BODY:TL61

*X3 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -YY DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE AGC  
APA Monotone Paint CBA Straight Back Bench Seat CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
DCB Open EPD DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE LAP Shift Indicator Warning Lamp
LMA Halogen Headlamps MDA Front License Plate Bracket NAA Federal Emissions
PYA DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE QYA DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE RAC AM MTR Radio
TBG Compact Spare Tire WMC Open

• 8 months later...