• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is best to have it setup in the vehicle. But, YMMV. Center pin to center pin is the correct way to measure the perch width. As not all things being crated equal, especially aftermarket vs factory, this will help. SImple match can also help figure out your pinion angle. If your Turdy 5 pinion angle is fine, measure that and use that angle to setup your perches as well. 

• 2 months later...

so i'm doing the same swap , and didn't want to start another topic just to ask this question , with the difference in axle tube dia. between the 35 and the 8.8 whats a good set of shackles greaseable that could net me back 1/2" of lift ? i've read it somewhere in the forum just can't remember where . 

thanks 

so i'm doing the same swap , and didn't want to start another topic just to ask this question , with the difference in axle tube dia. between the 35 and the 8.8 whats a good set of shackles greaseable that could net me back 1/2" of lift ? i've read it somewhere in the forum just can't remember where .

thanks

If I was you I would start a new thread. I always beat the dead horse and nobody seems to care all that much

• 4 years later...

Aye so I have a question I haven’t seen yet. I have a Ford 8.8 on my build and I need a rear drive shaft that fits on the axle , hooks up to my transmission (automatic ax15), and is the proper length. Does anyone know a specific one that would work? I have a link to come I think will work

https://www.carid.com/dorman/oe-solutions-rear-driveshaft-mpn-976-166.html?singleid=2254745322&url=1069964

1 hour ago, Aidenmoreno3 said:

Aye so I have a question I haven’t seen yet. I have a Ford 8.8 on my build and I need a rear drive shaft that fits on the axle , hooks up to my transmission (automatic ax15), and is the proper length. Does anyone know a specific one that would work? I have a link to come I think will work

https://www.carid.com/dorman/oe-solutions-rear-driveshaft-mpn-976-166.html?singleid=2254745322&url=1069964

That’s pretty clearly a front driveshaft, even though it says “rear”. Not only is the photo of a front driveshaft, the fact they claim it fits the Cherokee as well demonstrates that it’s a front driveshaft. The XJ and MJ have very different wheelbases, so the rear driveshaft is not interchangeable.

Unless you can find one someone else had built, you’re more than likely going to need one custom built. You can probably find a driveline shop somewhat local to you that will do a nice job, either modifying the one you have or building an entirely new one from scratch. There are also a couple places online that will custom build you one. They’ll be able to tell you how they need it measured for your specific truck setup.