• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay spring under and spend the money on Hell Creek 4.5" lift leaf springs (Not add a leaf kits).  This would allow you to do the axle swap, then do said lift without having to re-do the axle.  You can also piece together your front lift in the mean time.  If you decide you want a little more than 4.5" of lift,  you can toss in a longer shackle to give you up to about an inch more (for most affordable off the shelf options.   

Don't get obsessed with jacking the truck up super high in the air. A low center of gravity counts for a lot.

Stay spring under and spend the money on Hell Creek 4.5" lift leaf springs (Not add a leaf kits). This would allow you to do the axle swap, then do said lift without having to re-do the axle. You can also piece together your front lift in the mean time. If you decide you want a little more than 4.5" of lift, you can toss in a longer shackle to give you up to about an inch more (for most affordable off the shelf options.

Don't get obsessed with jacking the truck up super high in the air. A low center of gravity counts for a lot.

Thanks and ya I don't want a lot of lift, I just want some good flex so I can go on some rougher terrain

Yea, I hear ya!  I am currently saving for Hell Creek 3" springs and I have a set of 4" front springs.  I currently have a 1" lift shackle out back with 2" spacers up front,  It works for now, but I eventually want to fit 33's.  Once my tax return gets here I am going to pick up an 8.8 and another Dana 30 (non disconnect) from from the yard , and get them setup for installing in the truck with the gears, diffs, and axles (and probably gussetts on the 30) that I want to run 33's.  It might be another year before I finally get around to swapping them in, but I am patient.  Plus, I have plenty of other little things to fix on the truck in the meantime.

Remember, going SOA will provide you 6" of lift with the factory leaf springs. In your first post you indicated you already have a 3" lift, so going SOA with your current suspension would put you at 9" of lift over factory.

Going SOA will not increase your 'flex'. That can only be accomplished by the leaf spring pack.

Remember, going SOA will provide you 6" of lift with the factory leaf springs. In your first post you indicated you already have a 3" lift, so going SOA with your current suspension would put you at 9" of lift over factory.

Going SOA will not increase your 'flex'. That can only be accomplished by the leaf spring pack.

So say I just wanted six inches, what would I do if I already have a 3inch?

And also my tires get ally he way up into the fender pretty easily so if I got like 3 more inches, it would give me more articulation.

And also my tires get ally he way up into the fender pretty easily so if I got like 3 more inches, it would give me more articulation.

Either get new leaf springs @ 6" lift, Or use stock springs with a SOA.

If your goal is 35" tires, You'll want at least 5-6" of lift imo.

Would 35s fit with a 4.5inch plus I have bigger fender flares that took off about 2 inches of the body?

Would 35s fit with a 4.5inch plus I have bigger fender flares that took off about 2 inches of the body?

I have a 5.5" lift, With 33's & Bushwhacker cut-out flares, And its a pretty tight fit.

33s @ 4.5 would work with proper bumpstops, But i don't think i'd do 35's without cutting more off the fender, or lifting more.

I have a 5.5" lift, With 33's & Bushwhacker cut-out flares, And its a pretty tight fit.

33s @ 4.5 would work with proper bumpstops, But i don't think i'd do 35's without cutting more off the fender, or lifting more.

I have 4.5 inches with 32s and a good bit of back spacing and rub like crazy...

I have 4.5 inches with 32s and a good bit of back spacing and rub like crazy...

You rub? I have 4.5 and 32s with huge backspacing and no rubbing...cleArance for days...

BAD! i think i have 4.5 inch of back spacing and 1.25" spacers. I think my coils are sagging to because my rig looks the same heights as a buddies that has a 3 inch lift. Also I don't have sway bars too... so of course that is going to make it worse.