Running rough after valve cover gasket install

Installed the Felpro blue rubber gasket (cover side up) on my 4.0 auto and now the truck is running very rough. Screwed in screws from middle out to ends. The RPMs are about 250-500 at idle, the truck shakes and white smoke is blowing out of tailpipe. When I go up to about 3k RPM it turns to black smoke. I cannot see any leaks in the VC.

Disclaimer: I have limited mechanical knowledge compared to others on here.

Did it run OK before your project?

Sounds like maybe MAP sensor problems. You may have disrupted vacuum lines during your work. Inspect all of the vacuum lines for cracks and loose connections.

Ok, I'll jump in ... Follow the line to it's end. Use the rubber elbows at each end (they are glued on but can be pulled off readily enough) and replace the broken plastic part of the Vacuum line with 3/16" brake line. Bend to the same shape as the plastic line. It will now outlast the vehicle, and you only need a file and a hacksaw to make it. Should cost you around $5 tops. It will fit the elbows better without gluing as well.

Got back from store and got 1/8 vac line b4 I last post. My tube that connects from airbox to intake manifold is on and it looks like yours is off. Only place I see where to put line is a black piece that has 2 holes on side of manifold facing valve cover. I already put the vac line in the top black hole and truck still runs rough. The bottom hole looks like part of a vac line is broken off in it. I tried to pull it out and the whole black piece came out. I'm not sure if the bottom one has a part of vac line caught in it.

I feel like I'm so close but so far.....lol

Got back from store and got 1/8 vac line b4 I last post. My tube that connects from airbox to intake manifold is on and it looks like yours is off. Only place I see where to put line is a black piece that has 2 holes on side of manifold facing valve cover. I already put the vac line in the top black hole and truck still runs rough. The bottom hole looks like part of a vac line is broken off in it. I tried to pull it out and the whole black piece came out. I'm not sure if the bottom one has a part of vac line caught in it.

I feel like I'm so close but so far.....lol

It attaches to the throttle body on a Renix. A new part is no longer available. Get creative. 

If you look at my picture you can see the green brake line doing duty as the MAP line in the back.

Here, let me make it easier for you, same motor, just a Buncha months back before I worked on it

That's too easy!! 

Not to muddy the waters, but I plugged the throttle body vacuum source, put a vacuum fitting for the MAP into the intake manifold where the IAT used to be, and put the IAT in the air cleaner housing. 

Maybe, but you have trouble with innovations. You live in the past, love it, and don't know how to make things better. That's why you love the Renix. If you have any problems, I'm always here to guide you.

Where would I be without my support system? LOL

Yup, super proud of myself there (yeah, I had a pretty lame day) ... And hey, that valve cover is the bomb! It even matches the OFA, timing cover and oil pan ... "It ain't easy being green"

Keep threatening the wife with painting the whole truck that color.