Box-O-bolts........idiots.......lol

So the mounts on my 2.5 are shot.

The driver's side looks easy to get to. The pass side does too, but it looks like the bolt comes out towards the front of the truck. About 1" behind this bolt is the alternator.

am I missing something? Any way I can get this bolt out without having to remove the alt?

I had to laugh and I could not bring myself to post, my MM bolt is also in backwards.

I got into the habit of saving the old bolts from donors and I have a couple of boxes of bolts just in case.

Well, I was changing out the springs on the wife's XJ the other night..........no way in hell was I going to remove the rear bumper and hitch just to get to a bolt.

You'd think people would be smarter than this-

Image Not Found

I have run into this as well. I just pulled the upper shackle bolt first then reversed the lower bolt position.

It took me 1.5 hours to loosen the front bolts, the nuts are a part of the chassis, just as the shackle bolts.

I was concerned about breaking the bolts, I was lucky to get the shackle bolts to turn 2-3 revolutions to get the shackle free enough to mount the new springs.

Yes, I soaked and soaked.

It was easier just to cut the bolt.

The rust was not at the thread but the bolt was rusted to the bushing sleeve.

I have run into this as well. I just pulled the upper shackle bolt first then reversed the lower bolt position.

It took me 1.5 hours to loosen the front bolts, the nuts are a part of the chassis, just as the shackle bolts.

I was concerned about breaking the bolts, I was lucky to get the shackle bolts to turn 2-3 revolutions to get the shackle free enough to mount the new springs.

Yes, I soaked and soaked.

It was easier just to cut the bolt.

The rust was not at the thread but the bolt was rusted to the bushing sleeve.

What is rust?

Ha, saw my name in the quote and thought I'd said something stupid and was being called out!

It's pretty amazing, I don't know if they don't care, don't know any better? Stop, look around, does it make sense to install the bolt in that direction?

The world is full of dip$#!&s, including the ones who build cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Another notorious bolt issue was on the YJ's, the top rear shackle bolt head, as built, seems to always be facing the gas tank, necessitating dropping the tank to get those dumba$$ bolts out!! Who thinks up this crap!?!?

Jerry