Line-X flooring.

Ok, I know this has probably been covered but I'm on mobile and can't find it. If so links are gladly appreciated.

My boss bought two gallons of Line-X with rubber granules for a project and ended up giving it to me. Anyone apply this to their floors and any downsides to this. I live in the Everglades so carpet isn't exactly great to have. Thanks.

I did not Line-X My floor but I monstalined it.. Same Idea I think, only difference is i did not have to add "rubber Granules"? I was able to get about five coats to one gallon, which resulted in a fairly thick rubber floor. I did not end up doing the last roll to add texture I didnt really want my floor textured, you may have a different opinion. I will say that if you are doing it to reduce road noise, then don't. it would probably help only if you intended to reinstall the carpet and insulation. but by itself does not do anything to really deaden road noise. But it does look ALOT nicer than what i previously was working with.

This is the end result.

ygtUKVol.jpg

(There is a more detailed write up in my build thread, but I also removed all of the plugs and the 4wd shift linkage as well as the transmission tunnel cover for the shifter) I knew I was installing the novak shift cable so i did not want to have to cut away my beautiful new lined floor to get access to any of those bolts. plus I needed to clean up all bracket that had rust on them anyways. a few extra minutes here will make it look alot nicer later on.)

Before. I also applied POR 15 to the bare metal, mostly as a rust inhibitor/killer my floor was a mess and I had cut and welded new sections in so i had previously prepped the floor for that.

5zqqsEIl.jpg

This is from just before adding the monstaliner. I used an etching primer on the floor of the truck where it was bare metal. and like everyone else said prep, then reprep... prior to adding any kind of metal primer or etching primer make sure the floor is clean. Alcohol and a shop vac are your best friend. Also make sure if youre using a primer and a metal prep that they are compatible... the metal prep that comes with por-15 is incompatible to the etching primer i used on top of the por 15... so if youre going to add both to "get er dun" make sure you check the labels.

iTlbhEcl.jpg

Edited: Spelling and Grammar

Edited by 88AKChief

It makes cleaning the floor alot easier... i removed all the dran plugs and lined them seperately so water doesnt collect in the floor anymore and if it does i can just pull the plug. But it doesnt really help with sound deadening.. if i threw down some carpet on top of it, maybe it would help a little bit... I just havent done that yet. But as far as aesthetics.. it helps a lot.

Duplicolor makes a spray "rubberized" coating with sound deadener. Not sure how well it works. Thought About doing that with my MJ, then gettings some of the Q-tec or Weathertech floor liners. 

But, since you have the product. I would use it, and either re-install carpet or Maybe pick up some marine-grade carpet to swap in. 

Be await the undercoat isn't going to be hard enough for alot of feet it WILL ball up, your welcome to try it but your nut going to be happy with the final resalt

:agree:  but i do not think anyone has recommended undercoating.

I appreciate the input and pics all have given. Was considering using the Line-X and then making some Diamond plate "floor mats". As stated, I live in S. Fl (NOT Miami, I hate that place. Lol) I like fishing and the outdoors so yes, it will get dirty.