MJOTM - March, 2015 - Strokermjcomanche's '88

Have you ever sat and watched one of those nature programs where some camera crew and a host are creepin' around out in the wilderness and they stumble on a creature that not many have seen? The host, no doubt with a crazy accent, gets all excited and starts whispering louder and louder until one of the camera guys steps on a twig, the creature's ears perk up, and it goes galloping off through the trees. This month's MJOTM is one of such creatures. Few have seen it... fewer people have pictures of it... it's elusive (at least on CC it is, anyhow). This month its got nowhere to hide! This month's MJOTM is...

scriptina.regular.png

YEAR/MODEL 

1988 pioneer

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●

4.0 L stroked to a 4.7 with 2.5 inch exhaust and header

DRIVETRAIN ●

AW4, 231, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 rear 

COOLING ●

3 core all aluminum radiator 

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

Stock 

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Bilstein shocks all around, otherwise stock 

INTERIOR ●

Gray with factory power windows/locks and factory floor mats

BRAKES ●

Stock 

LIGHTING ●

Factory Marchal sport bar and bumper lights, otherwise stock

EXTERIOR ●

Fresh black paint with all NOS splash guards, handles, grill, bezels, bumpers, mirrors... the list goes on. I planned on putting the NOS emblems and stripes on but like it like this at the moment. 

WHEELS/TIRES ●

Stock TJ Ravines wheels custom painted black with 225/75/15 Goodyear GSA tires. 

MISCELLANEOUS ●

Factory NOS XJ CD player (# 82300393), factory skid plates, factory AMC wires and a laundry list of NOS parts. This is an Arizona truck that has zero rust anywhere.

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●

My buddy has a cabin up in PA and me, my buddy, and two other friends all took our ATV's to go ride the trails. There was a snow storm that had dropped 10+ inches of snow the night we arrived in town. My friends had a 4wd S-10, 4wd Ranger, and 4wd Dakota. We woke up the next morning and got ready to hit the trails. We get out to our trucks to clean them off to get to the trails and guess who is the only one that could get out of the snow? Yep the good old Comanche!!!! I never let my friends forget either. I've had 9 Comanches over the course of 17 years (since I was 17) and currently have 3.

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●
Everyone on here is very helpful and knowledgeable. I like going to the jeep shows and meeting all other MJ owners face to face and chatting it up. If you have a question regarding anything about are trucks, someone has been there and done that. I'd like to thank the moderators and Pete M. for all of their time and effort spent to keep this forum alive. 

Add anything else that makes your MJ stand out from the rest other than being completely beautiful... I only take this truck to Jeep shows or Sunday drives and try to keep every part of it as original as possible with small exceptions. It gets climate controlled storage in the winter to keep it staying rust free and I plan on having it for the rest of my life.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Adam... where to even begin with this truck of yours... The level of detail is just beautiful! When I first saw the pictures you sent me, my jaw just about hit the floor. Those clean, straight lines... that perfect black paint... one would typically think more accessories would be the ticket but I disagree. Your truck is the perfect balance of factory freshness and subtle touches that make it what it is! This month is so much more than just the truck too. You are a great member and you clearly go above and beyond when it comes to helping others out. Did you know that I've had more requests to put your truck in as MJOTM than anyone else? Just goes to show, eh? Congratulations, Adam. Job well done!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

Great member and a super MJ. Although I'm not a black wheel fan, I love your Ravine wheel treatment. The bright outer trim ring, center cap, and lug nuts are perfect. But enough on your truck - Adam is one of the best go-to guys on the forum and is willing and able to help anyone at any time. You are a most valued CC member mate, and it's a pleasure to have you here. Congratulations on MJOTM.

What can I say about Adam that hasn't already been said? This board is truly a better place with you on it Adam. I have never met you in person but I consider you a friend. You have been there with parts and knowledge when I needed them. You have even sent parts without wanting any money in return.

Adam thank you for everything you have done for me and the members of CC. I look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand!

What can I say about Adam that hasn't already been said? This board is truly a better place with you on it Adam. I have never met you in person but I consider you a friend. You have been there with parts and knowledge when I needed them. You have even sent parts without wanting any money in return.

Adam thank you for everything you have done for me and the members of CC. I look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand!

Thanks Bo !! I consider you and everyone else on here a friend as well . I found out my job is officially done may 9th so I'll have plenty of free time if/when you're in the neighborhood . I have big plans to work on the Mjs during my time off .

:thumbsup: Congratulations my friend.  Having meant and spent time with Adam, I can attest that he is a top notch first rate gentleman.  His MJ is the cleanest and closest to factory original , other than the mods he's implemented, that I've seen. This truck is immaculate! Enjoy the well deserved honor.

Adam, all I can say is wow!   That is an awesome job you have done on your mj.  Hope to take my engine from 4.0 to 4.7 someday also.  Ironically about the stripes, I have a pioneer and when I had my truck repainted the 1st time I liked it better without the stripes also.  Great that you keep this out of the elements.  Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and expertise.  

Buck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • kryptronic featured this topic
  • 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Pancho975 said:

Sweet, glad I saw this one! Another Colorado Comanche. Congrats on your truck for life. 

It's an Ohio truck. Adam hasn't put his location in yet...

For some reason.................     :laugh: