New tailgate latch handle made from 304 Stainless

It is SolidWorks and I was told that the estimating tool was added in our last upgrade but I have not tried it.  I do have several sheet metal suppliers and plan to get several made.  The flat pattern is below.  The old handle had rivets that I drilled out to remove it.  I plan to use shoulder screws with shoulder bushings to attach the new handle.

10984516_752713791508586_179925495917549

It is SolidWorks and I was told that the estimating tool was added in our last upgrade but I have not tried it.  I do have several sheet metal suppliers and plan to get several made.  The flat pattern is below.  The old handle had rivets that I drilled out to remove it.  I plan to use shoulder screws with shoulder bushings to attach the new handle.

10984516_752713791508586_179925495917549

No, not the estimating tool.  SolidQuote: http://www.rapidsheetmetal.com/solidquote.aspx

An actual quote from an actual company on your part in seconds.  Although, if you already have established sheet metal vendors then they will likely be much cheaper.  I use SolidQuote to refine my designs and figure out ways to make them more efficient for manufacturing, which ultimately means a lower cost part.

I added a hem fold as shelbyluvv suggested so the handle would not have a sharp edge and sent the drawing out for quote.  Best price is $30 each and I would need to add shipping to the cost.  After I place the order it will take 2-3 weeks to manufacture.  I can ship US Priority mail and delivery is 2-3 business days in the continental US.  A flat rate box would cost $12.65 in the continental US but if you want to order please email me your zip code and I can check if a plain US Priority box is best price.  Also I can ship International to Canada by US Priority mail International and delivery is 3-5 days. Any other country US Priority mail International is 6-10 day delivery.  I can accept Paypal, check or postal money order.  Please email me at husky410ohio@aol.com

What about aluminum? if you can get the price down lower with that it would be a nice alternative. Along with small boxes that would fit the handle better instead of using a larger flat rate that is wasting space. you might be able to come down on shipping a bit too.

5052 aluminum won't crack but would need a chromate or anodized finish to be ideal in the environment its going in. 304 is a better option for this. You won't see a huge cost benefit by switching to aluminum on this piece. The bulk of the cost is in the manufacturing of the bends.

off topic but if you are interested in producing anything else. I have been in the market for switch panels. or panels with opening for aftermarket gauges. I am looking for panels to fit these specific spots. but have not found anything aftermarket. I imagine you might even be able to produce one panel that will fit in either spot.

Something along the Lines of how this one is set up but for the spots I specified…. If you had some I would buy one or two in a heartbeat.