Bucket Seat Tilt Lever Bezels

Strokermjcomanche

This is to gauge how many people would like to PURCHASE these plastic 3d printed trim bezels . Besides the ones in the pictures none have been made so when I go to have them made I'd like to know how many people to make them for . These break on almost every MJ and 2 Door XJ and cannot be found at any dealer or junkyard . Price is $25 + shipping , so probably around 30 for a pair shipped. If your not sure about buying them I can have more made in the future so wait until you're ready to say yes . I will then post in the for sale section when the have been made . As of now they will only be made in black . Maybe other colors if demand is high .

If anyone would like to post this on Naxja I'd appreciate it as I'm not a member . Thanks to everyone in advance.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found.

Bluexj pictures will be later tonight . Sorry I thought I wrote that but I didn't .

Dillithium : they are built thicker with ABS and more dense on the backside that faces the seat , where they are prone to cracking . The originals had no thickness which is why they cracked IMO . When installing them I would not overtighten the screws as it' serves no functional purpose .

Second with the pictur s as I also have no clue what you are talking about. Also are you doing the printing or are you going to a third party to do the prints? Is this a part that you made using autocad or found on the Internet 3D printing site?

Second with the pictur s as I also have no clue what you are talking about. Also are you doing the printing or are you going to a third party to do the prints? Is this a part that you made using autocad or found on the Internet 3D printing site?

My neighbor is currently going to school for plastic 3d printing , and he is the one who makes them when time permits . These pieces are around the lever that tilts the bucket seats forward in both Mjs and 2 door Xjs .

People that have pm'd me , please wait to send me any questions with paypal info . This is to get a count of how many I need to have made . Once I get them made then I will post an ad in the for sale section and the you can pay . I just didn't want to have hundreds of these and only selling 5 pair lol. I'm up to 20 sets as of now !!

Kook 911 :

The parts are 100% fill and made of abs plastic, and they are made thicker in the prone to cracking areas around the screw holes and the whole base is thicker . I myself paid $40 for the drawing and I'm fronting the money to have them made .when they are made I will take time out of my day to have them shipped to you . These are not being mass produced and take 6hours a piece to make . I have no control over shipping .

I understand that people may have issues with the cost but if you don't like the price you don't have to buy them as I said in my first post . I'm not trying to come off as rude , but I don't think paying 30 shipped for a pair of something that cannot be purchased at the dealer or found at a junkyard intact is a bad price . Can someone tell me what these cost at the dealer for new ones ?

Fwiw I have orders for 25 pair from people^^ that don't seem it's a bad price .

Ask you neighbor if he would be so kind to share his .stl file with me. Just wondering why is the price of these so high?

Kook911

I will buy a couple of pairs from you if you come up with your own file and print some for sale.  I will pay you

$30 for each pair.  All I ask is that you record all the time you spend on the project and all the costs you shell out to make the first 2 pairs so you can earn $60.  My point is you will spend a whole lot of time and effort and not be very well compensated at all.  I have actually purchased bucket seats just to salvage a couple of special items, then put those parts on other seats to come up with a great looking and function set of bucket seats.  If StrokerMJComanche gets orders and payment for 30 sets, I hope they print 50 sets, because they will sell just about all of them.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll do all the development work, pay for the drawing, spend time producing them, put up with the hassle of taking orders/shipping/getting paid, and then just give it away.

Put me down for a pair - black is fine, gray would be better, but black is fine.

If there is a demand for other colors , like over 20 pairs I can possibly have them made . I can't assure the colors would match perfectly though . I went with black because it will match the lower seat handle and blend with all the colors best . I don't know how interior dye would hold up...

Krylon has a line of plastic spray paint.  Have not tried it myself, but others have spoken well of the paint.  No clue about color matches.

So my color advice is to leave that issue to the buyer.  For you to try and match colors would lead to nobody being happy and way too much of your time down the drain.

I used white Krylon Fusion on my Ram's fender flares. I have put 10k miles on it and been through a lot of automated car washes. I have a few stone chips on the insides but other than that it is holding on very well. I'd have no issues using it for interior parts.