Gas tank filler neck from a diff. Jeep model?

I believe I asked years ago if any of you guys knew where I could find another filler neck for my MJ. And I think yall pointed to the JY... Years later, that trip still never happened and my filler neck is still a rusty piece of metal wrapped up in alot of layers of tape. 

My question is, can I use a YJ filler neck? They look the same to me.. but I havent seen my Jeep in a year so I may be wrong.

If I can't fit a YJ/XJ/TJ filler neck on this, ill try to get one fabricated up and get a locking cap for it. I think thats the pricey way to go about this.

TY in advance!

When I got my MJ the bed was not attached and the filler neck was gone, as well as the hoses.  The regular hoses that you can just buy in any other state were not "approved" for sale or to be installed in CA.  So I just made my own.  As far as the metal part I believe I used the part off of an XJ from the junkers.

I *think* I still have a spare filler neck in my pile 'o parts down in the shed......how soon do you need it?  I'll check when I get home from work in a couple of hours and if I still have it I can ship it to you on your dime (should only cost a few bucks).  Wouldn't be able to ship it for a week or so, though.

Jeff

I just had to add my new bank to my paypal. Said it will be pending for 2-3 business days before I could use it to pay for shipping. 

If you have a debit card you can pay his PP invoice directly without your bank account being tied to PP.

As a 'gift' of course.

• 4 months later...