Rear Glass shattered ... Still available?

So through an unfortunate series of events, today's plans turned into an hour of gutting the MJ to remove the remnants of the rear Glass. Is it still an available part or am I going to be looking at modding something else in there?

Wasn't a slider, just a regular straight glass window.

And I had just placed my CC logo on it three days ago, dammit all.

Well, so far there is nothing new available in Canada, slider or not.

Is the rear window perfectly flat, or is it curved?

Looks like I've going to have to scour the wrecking yards, but so far it's not looking good either. Any other options? Retrofitable Windows?

lowes will cut plexiglass to size and you can silicone that in...ive done it for windows that dogs have broke from jumping on and barking at people and they can't break the plexi, it just flexes

• 2 months later...

So to bring this back for a moment ... i wound up getting the one from Campbell River installed a bit back. Actually fits better than what i originally had now.

But, given the scarcity of rear windows in Canada, and especially BC, now that I have snagged the only registered spare on the Island here ...

I was wondering if someone with a solid rear window would be willing to make a cardboard (or heavy paper) template for me. This way I could have a spare made and use with my old seal. Ready as a just incase my inner idiot breaks loose again?

If you can help, shoot me a PM and we can work out compensation for efforts.

The glass is curved, IIRC, so it's not going to be easy getting one made. Al auto glass except the windshield is tempered, and you can't cut tempered glass ... nor can you bend it.

I know the factory sliders are curved, so I assume the fixed glass is also curved.

I'll try to dig mine out this weekend, assuming I still have it.  I seem to recall it being pretty flat, since I think I had stuff stacked on top of it.  I could be wrong though.  I think I have some larger pieces of cardboard as well, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Yeah the rear solid window is a pretty flat plate (or at least flat enough), i strapped my "new to me" one to a sleave of plywood to keep it whole during transport. Then wrapped it in three blankets .... wasn't taking any chances.

Plan is to have a lexan copy cut as a backup plan for my next idiot maneuver, not that it'll ever happen again ...

CR Lawrence still makes the slider glass for MJs. $160 iirc. My middle pane broke a couple weeks back and I looked at them and just replaced the slider with lexan instead. Cost me $9. :D

Are you certain? I've looked at the CR Laurence MJ sliders, and they are definitely NOT the same as the OEM. They may have glass to repair their slider, but I doubt they have glass for the factory slider.

But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?ProductID=87862&GroupID=1653&History=30587:21770:1336:21770:1351:1389&ModelID=1653&pom=0

It's interesting that they say their 4-panel window is an "original" (their quotes, not mine) four-panel design, when the original/factory design was a 3-panel. Theirs also has a full perimeter frame -- the factory unit has a "frame" strip across the top and bottom, but the end panels are exposed glass that glues directly to the opening lip.