Has anyone tried a set of JK Front Coils on a MJ?

Just wondering if anyone has attempted using a set of JK Front Coils on a MJ? The JK front coils come in 6 different spring rates going from last two of the part# 13 thrugh 19. I have a set of JK take offs from a 2 door last two of part# 14. May give it a shot, I know they are quite a bit taller than the MJ spring, but a visual comparison looks like they will work. Question is what will be the lift gained. I currently have stock MJ 2wd coils with 1.75 in coil spacers. 

I looked at doing this when I converted to 4x4. Unsprung the coils were about the same length and had about the same wire diameter. I didn't want to have them net no lift over stock 4wd springs and not wanting to do the job twice I decided against them. I too have a few sets of them sitting around just in case.

Not really looking for any more lift, looking for better ride. Four year old coils veres 25 year old coils, not to mention better spring rate should improve the ride. With the spacer I already have, a .5 inch additional lift would be a bonus.

The coils will mount up, but they use a fairly soft spring rate. Expect at least, a 1" drop maybe a bit more.

TJ coils would lower a XJ/MJ 1" ... And TJ front coils lift the JK front 1" ...

All has to do with engine placement and leverage on the spring.

Might work if it's going into a 4cyl, that little V6 in the JK doesn't weigh much when compared to a 4.0L

Well the good news is that they will be going in a 2wd 2.5L and they are not the lightest weight JK coils. I took them out of my JK they are #14's, put #17's in the JK and gained almost 1.75 inches on the JK. Who knows if the ones I have don't work out maybe I'll look for a set of #17's, #18's or #19's. 

It really does matter which JK coils you use. I put a set of 17/59 springs off of a '13 JKU Rubi on a 2006 TJ-U (LJ). It gave me right at 3" in the back and 1.5" in the front. I used a 1.5" spacer on the front to level it. I had to change the bar pins to use the front shocks. In the rear I heated the top pigtail coils slowly with a torch and opened it up enough to get the factory bump stops through them. It rode well and cleared 32's nicely
. So the heavy duty front JK springs may lift a TJ about 1.5" . On an MJ the difference would be almost unnoticeable due to the rear rake they had anyway. Your mileage may vary. 

• 4 months later...

So finally got around to putting the JK coils on the MJ. The results are....Drum Roll...... .25 inches of lift, so definitely not worth the trouble. Now time to source a 3" lift front and rear.