heater sorta blowing...

Hi,

Got a 92 MJ 4.0.

Just replaced the water pump, thermostat (195 deg), coolant, and blower motor...

Used to be that I got really hot air coming outta my heater...now it's just luke warm at best.

The blower motor was one that had the vent hole (in the motor casing) in the wrong place for me to hook it back up properly, so i left the rubber hose off. Could this be causing me the cold-air situation?

ANother thing is that the jeep is running noticeably cooler (like propably 20 deg) according to the dash thermometer...could it be that it's just not warming up all the way for the 195 deg thermostat to open up...? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Hi,

Got a 92 MJ 4.0.

Just replaced the water pump, thermostat (195 deg), coolant, and blower motor...

Used to be that I got really hot air coming outta my heater...now it's just luke warm at best.

The blower motor was one that had the vent hole (in the motor casing) in the wrong place for me to hook it back up properly, so i left the rubber hose off. Could this be causing me the cold-air situation?

ANother thing is that the jeep is running noticeably cooler (like propably 20 deg) according to the dash thermometer...could it be that it's just not warming up all the way for the 195 deg thermostat to open up...? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Oh and I have been meaning to  'reflush' the heater core, though I did that when I changed the coolant....but could it be that i need to stick a hose in there and flush it again? Just messy for where I live is all...

Thanks!