2014 World Serious

HOrnbrod

KC and the Giants are all tied up 1-1 and heading back to San Fran for game 3 tomorrow night. Don't really have a dog in this fight, but since I'm an American League guy and don't like any of the Cali teams, I have to go with KC. Especially since they last won the Series way back in 85 with one of my all-time favorite players George Brett. There are no super stars on this KC team, and they are fun to watch. I think it will go for the full seven games, but KC should pull it off.

Do they still play baseball? I thought MLB and the NBA were discontinued years ago... :banana:

Maybe you should come out from under your rock?

Its quite SERIOUS  :teehee:  when its right here in your hometown! I can see the stadium from the shop I work at. Just sucks trying to get home!

Hope your boys get the job done tonight.  :cheers:

I've never been a baseball fan, but I must admit, it is nice to hear about the Royals winning for a change on the morning radio sports report. 

Its quite SERIOUS  :teehee:  when its right here in your hometown! I can see the stadium from the shop I work at. Just sucks trying to get home!

Oh man, I can only imagine! I used to work for KCP&L near the stadiums and can remember traffic when it was a slow year.

Ned Yost, the KC manager, pulled all the right moves tonight, as he usually does. The Royals are not the most talented team in baseball, but all the pieces fit and it's fun to watch the team play. If they have the lead in the 6th, they most always win because of their outstanding bullpen. I still think it will go to the 7th game though.

May be a little play on words by Hornbrod, possibly hinting that the Series is not really Seriuos to many. I'm not a baseball fan, but usually watch the Series. Haven't had the urge to do so this year, so to me it's not a World Serious.

Never been a big baseball fan but I'd like to see KC win just for the fact that they haven't even been to the playoffs in 20 years. My dad moved out there a couple months ago and I visited him back in September and we went to a few of the games there at the Red Sox (we're both from Boston originally) and it's a really nice stadium.

10436322_795287913867909_207659326455005

10506759_795287613867939_429585845347827

10631088_795288040534563_870683471910527

15774_795287897201244_676286382556783716

Never been a big baseball fan but I'd like to see KC win just for the fact that they haven't even been to the playoffs in 20 years. My dad moved out there a couple months ago and I visited him back in September and we went to a few of the games there at the Red Sox (we're both from Boston originally) and it's a really nice stadium

IIRC, Royals Stadium was the first stadium built specifically for baseball. Went on a tour through all the secretive bits when I was in high school. One of the bits of info that stuck with me. That and the field is sod over sand, so it technically can't get rained out because of flooding.

Ummmph!!  Giants do it again!!

That Bumgarner is incredible!  But Davis on the Royals is scary too. Kudos to a couple of the young guys too, like Panik & Crawford.  Bringin' trophy back to NorCal.  I'm just happy it was never the Dodgers!!