My comanche had the hiccups

After i bought my comanche, i noticed that every now and then it would "hiccup" when accelerating (best way i can describe it is it cuts out for a split second and then it's fine) After checking over a few things, i noticed that it was a quart low on tranny fluid. I put a quart in, and it seemed fine for a couple of days. Today it started doing it again. Other than that, it has been running fine. Today after picking up dinner, i tried to pull out of the parking lot, i backed out of my space, but the truck died when i shifted into drive. Started again, same thing, after a few tries i got it to move and it died when i got to a stop light, started again and now it was idling fine again. After driving a short way home, i let it idle in drive to see what it would do, now it was perfectly fine again. I'm stumped!

My MJ did similar things when the engine and tranny weren't entirely bolted together. That's about all the advice I can give. For the actual gurus on here, post up your year, engine, transmission, and drivetrain for better help when getting advice. It really helps to put it in your signature. As an example, my MJ is a 1991 4.0L 4x4 automatic.

4 bolts, at about the 1, 4, 8, and 11 o'clock positions, if memory serves. The two on top are E12 external torx head, and really hard to get at. The best way to check that they're tight is with a wrench, which may be tricky.

There are loads of other things that could cause this too, though.

Just the top two. If they're as loose as mine were, though, you probably can tell. Mine were actually either missing sheared by the time I noticed.

Also, cause yours is a Renix motor, you should do as many of these as you can:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/36382-cruisers-renix-tips/

Your problem could easily be due to poor grounds.

Just the top two. If they're as loose as mine were, though, you probably can tell. Mine were actually either missing sheared by the time I noticed.

Also, cause yours is a Renix motor, you should do as many of these as you can:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/36382-cruisers-renix-tips/

Your problem could easily be due to poor grounds.

Yup. Tips 1 through 5. And 27 isn't a bad idea either.

Plugs, wires, cap and rotor done by you? 

No, i didnt do them, the PO said they were new but i treat stuff like that with a grain of salt, if i didnt see it get done, than it hasnt been done. Lol. Also, an update, the oil pan has been leaking so i've been keeping an eye on the oil level as best i can. The night it stalled out, it was over a quart low, i filled it up and it was fine after that. It seems to only do the hiccup thing when its low on oil, i'm going to be replacing the pan gasket this weekend.

I'll be going through your whole list tomorrow as a matter of fact. I just hope whatever is causing this problem is something easy to fix. Other than the occasional hiccups and a small exhaust leak (hole in the front pipe, PO tried to patch with a Beer can :doh: ) The truck runs very well and rather smooth. Thanks for all of the help! :thumbsup: