JCR Off-Road rear bumper

I have the JCR bumpers for the front (installed) and rear but not installed. Please post how the lights work. I would like to do something like that. The other thing I'm doing is to use a piece of receiver stock for the hitch in the rear. The one supplied is not hitch material.

Yea, I was wondering about that hitch too. I was going to reinforce it,and maybe add a square around it. I don't plan to tow with this jeep. But I do have trailers, so I'm sure one will be hitched at one point in time. (only briefly, maybe to move from one part of yard to another, example) 

I'll post pictures of the flush mound LED's. 

daking

I'm with you on the limited tow but a reciever is nice to have. I got mine bent up tonight. The Smittybilt one I have now has diagonal braces on both sides from the reciever tube to the frame mount rails and I've towed alot with it and no problems. I'm going to put some extra bracing in. I wish it was 1/4 or even 5/16 thick metal. The strenght would be nice but the extra weight would be great. I have some 3/4 flat stock I might weld in for some extra weight. Hope this helps.

Got the rear Bumper. May build it over the Halloween. I ordered two 3" flush mount LED's. License plate bolts with LED's to light the plate. And a 7-pin / 4-pin trailer plug.

Image Not Found

steel thickness compared to my front bumper:

Image Not Found

I may add weight to the bumper, I'm trying to get the balance of the MJ better. (example, I relocated the battery to the rear)

• 5 months later...

Got the bumper mocked up, everything is just setting there, the LED lights are not bolted in. 

Note the hitch, is not the one they sent. Its a real trailer hitch. But I've already changed my build plans :)

I got a pintle hook style hitch. I'm going to remove the 2" hitch and weld on a 1/4 " plate on the bumper. Then I'm going the re enforce the back side with 3/8 or 1/4" plate. My future off-road trailer will ,mount to this hitch. 

PintleHook.jpg

Image Not Found

Note the rear axle breather..