Stalling out craziness.

I let the truck run longer and geez... that idle jiggles the truck once it gets warmed up. And those little backfires are a little worse I think. I hear a light hissing sound which makes me think a vacuum leak, but its new and I think its my belt because the belt whistles sometimes in the cold. I also get exhaust pop frequently when revving. It hasn't stalled out. But then again I haven't cranked it again to test it because it was only stalling after I let it sit a few minutes when warmed up. I'm more worried about this idle honestly because its just so low and rough.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fuel pressure gauge should not leak, and the leak could potentially affect the reading. The relief valve is for releasing pressure and fuel in a controlled manner, so fuel doesn't spray everywhere when you disconnect the gauge.

If you do have a vacuum leak, it can lead to running rich, which can cause rough idle, backfiring, etc. Messing around with any vacuum components could have created a new leak.

I'm going to mention it to them when I return it tomorrow. And continue searching for a vacuum leak of some sort. I may try resetting my throttle butterfly. Cruiser, you got anything for me to try now? Also gonna keep cleaning connections.

How are you checking for vacuum leaks?

What hasn't been done connector cleaning wise? 

Did 3 and 4 today. Did as many connectors as I could find. Also found that a small hole appeared in the side of the black vacuum line going into the firewall (i believe its the one that makes the heater blow through all vents) also found that the yellow line going into the CAD had broken off completely. Either of these effect anything? Fixed the black line as much as I could but don't have any caps for the yellow one. Kinda just wanna cap all the lines going to the CAD considering I want to eliminate it eventually.

Waiting for the connectors to dry before I crank it. I expect it to still do it though. Any progress on yours? And do you have a low idle like I do? Oh and upon looking in the engine bay I noticed these two electrical connectors with yellow "caps" on them. They're right behind the line of 4 relays. What are these? Just curious.

Waiting for the connectors to dry before I crank it. I expect it to still do it though. Any progress on yours? And do you have a low idle like I do? Oh and upon looking in the engine bay I noticed these two electrical connectors with yellow "caps" on them. They're right behind the line of 4 relays. What are these? Just curious.

That's where the diagnostic readout box connects.

If only bringing it to your house didn't require shipping it to another state lol. Do Dodge Jeep Ram dealers still keep Renix testers handy?

I don't think so. It's an individual decision.

BUT, the Snap-On "Brick" AKA MT2500 will hook up if they have the adapters.