AFE Headers

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/afe-power-twisted-steel-headers-afe48-46206.html

Anyone running AFE headers and can attest to the quality?

Morris 4x4 is offering 10% off today only and that brings the price down to $314 shipped, so I really need to order tonight.

I was also considering the Banks, however, I emailed them some time back and they were less than helpful. I also get the feeling that Banks is somewhat overrated.

AFE also produces the 4.0 header, little pricey at $569 though.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Some header companies do not pay attention to flange thickness. You'll find threads/posts here and elsewhere whereas the installer had to back-cut the washer so that the washer placed equal pressure and sat flat against the header flange and intake.

When you receive it, grab some pics and fill us in on the install as well as if you notice any changes in sound or power. I am interested in how this turns out.

x2 on this; been surfing around for a manifold, and came across this particular one a few weeks back. Am very interested to see how they perform against an "OE" style. Would be nice if they came with a heat shield though.

It's here.

It appears to be well made, fairly more heavy than I expected.

I was surprised to see that the #1 and #4 tube is pieced in, unlike the pic off AFE's website and other ads.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

This pic does not do the '68 Chrysler metallic blue justice.

Image Not Found

Nice. Can't wait to see this header in action. The 'glamor shot' was probably cleaned up/shopped to hide the seams. I am sure it will work out fine. A lot of smaller aftermarket builders of equal-length headers use pieces like this [but clean it up a little nicer].