Who has over 200,000 on a daily driver?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have one now but I have had a few with well over 200k. 86 chevy half ton with over 400k 96 chevy half ton with over 300k and a ford can't remember the year with around 230k. All were running when they were sold to someone who continued to drive them.

old Sgt. Rock here was saved from the scrap yard , I bought it for 200$ with 200k on it, hydraulic clutch cylinder had gone out. I've since driven it to 232k with most of it heavy loads of firewood coming out of the mountains of N. Alabama. Apparently the truck was all original as I had a bunch of dealer and later svc centers tire and lube receipts in the dash and in a folder under the seat. I don't think anything serious was ever donw to the truck.

I've replaced the normals, water pump, alt, fan clutch, master cylinder, TPS, CPS and tune up stuff, plus I've destroyed 2 d-35 rear ends. Just now he went down, the throw out bearing /slave cylinder has given up....in the driveway repalcing it right now.....IF I CAN GET THE STUPID TORX HEAD BOLTS OUT OF THE TOP 2 SPOTS ON THE BELL HOUSING !

....still , helluva truck !

• 2 weeks later...

287,000 on my '88 XJ. It was my daily driver until a fuel line ruptured underneath. Once I get that repaired, I expect it to be my daily driver through the winter. My goal is to make 300,000 -- after that, we'll play it by ear.

4.0 will run forever with basic maintenance. The unibodies will rot out before the motors die.

The MJ only has 158k on it but my XJ was my DD for two years and has around 260k on it. My 88 I had 380k on it when I sold it and it ran like it was new.

I'll see if I can dig up the article but there's a guy out in CO that's got an 88 XJ he bought new that has 650k or so on it.

http://www.allpar.com/old/high-miles/richey.php

I had a 98 XJ that I bought from the original owner with 206k on it.

Sold it to my ex son in law wit 390k. The guy he sold it to just told me he sold it for what I paid for it at 206k $1,700 with 430k.

I replaced the centerforce clutch that the OO put in at 100k at 212k.

I put in a luk gold and that's what is still in it.

I replaced the stock axles at 240k with 4 cylinder 4.10 axles.

I replaced the transmission at 340k with a 140k ax15.

It would pop out of first gear.

Water pump twice, radiator once, CPS once. Exhaust twice.

1 starter, 2 alternators, the whole suspension with a 4.5 RE superflex.

Brakes and tires a bunch of times.

All in my past..few years. 

Sold the last MJ with ~270K

Just Sold the XJ with 258K ( head work but original rings, bearings, timing components and cam ) 

Trade my F150 with 296K for a 90 Wrangler 

( and never cracked it open for other than water pump and oil pan gasket ) 

A friend of mine had a 96 Chevy 1500 with the 4.3 v6 sold it still running with 367xxx on it.

last i check my  dads old 75 gmc 3/4 ton ( the rust bucket) still is living with well over 1,245,000 mile' prevouse life was a construction truck till we got it. never could quite kill that truck. even when all four brake lines rusted out and i was the unlucky one to drive it home through town . scared the hell out of my mom who was fallowing me. but it still live

A friend of mine had a 96 Chevy 1500 with the 4.3 v6 sold it still running with 367xxx on it.

last i check my  dads old 75 gmc 3/4 ton ( the rust bucket) still is living with well over 1,245,000 mile' prevouse life was a construction truck till we got it. never could quite kill that truck. even when all four brake lines rusted out and i was the unlucky one to drive it home through town . scared the hell out of my mom who was fallowing me. but it still live

Diesel?

If so they're not even in the same ballpark. Hell, most our sprinters at work with 5 cyl Mercedes diesels in the are all 500k+ miles and a few are over 750k.

• 2 weeks later...

Non-Jeep - my 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3L has 230K on it, just had the auto trans rebuilt, had around 100K on it when I bought it. Previous DD was a 2001 Sierra 1500 4.8L with 330K on the original drivetrain when it was hit from behind and totaled. I was planning on taking it to 500K

Just bought an MJ to use as a daily during the snowy season.  I had to run through the brakes and clutch hydraulics but with just over 200k that just seems like the prudent thing to do anyhow.  Before that I had an audi with a big turbo pushing 24+ psi many times daily.  That car and motor both had 240k on it when I sold it and ran like a champ.

I cycle through my daily drivers so that I can park each for an extended period of time to get a bunch of maintenance done as time permits.  My DD carousel looks like this:

2004 Dodge Ram Diesel: 215K

2002 VW Golf TDI: 205K

2001 XJ: 200K

1992 MJ: 250K

The only vehicle that I own under 200K is my motorcycle.  Don't think I'd ever want to put 200K on that thing...

• 3 weeks later...

My DD, a '92 MJ, has 209,xxx on the odometer.  Actual miles is probably 10K more.  When my speed sensor died (back in the 90's), it took me about a year to replace it. LOL

No engine work done.

I've only replaced:  water pump, alternator, (numerous) clutches, throttle body sensor, radiator and a few odds and end suspension parts. The radiator had about 200K, but a rock in AZ ended its life :-(