Who has over 200,000 on a daily driver?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a Trooper with 232K miles (really more, but it had 33's on it from around 100K until I sold it, so no telling how many it actually had)

Had a 94 5.2 ZJ with about 237K miles on it

02 Focus w/ 202K miles

Had probably 10+cars with 180K+ miles.

I view a car like a person...life epectancy goes up once you hit a certain age...Once you get past teenage driving years, SIDS, your 40's-50's (when more people develop disease, etc)...so once you get to a certain point, maintain it and it will serve you right.

My father had 210K on the 90 XJ, he bought new, with no major engine work (never had the head off, never had the bottom end open except to change the RMS and oil pump), I put another 58K on it, then I gave it to my son.  He's got 282K on it now, drives it every day.

On another vein:  I sold my 1969 Mercedes 280SE with 330K on it for the same price I paid for it 15 years prior.

My first Jeep was a 98 XJ with 252k on the odometer..... wheeled it hard, even drove it to Harlan KY, wheeled it hard, and drove it home (5 hour drive).  It's been passed around since I sold it but ended back at my brothers house the other day.... now it's showing 265k. 

My parents had 236xxx miles on an '04 Impala ex-rental, engine running the same as the day they brought it home. Only a couple issues with a few of the electrics, but overall a reliable car until my sister failed to yield at a stop sign and wrote it off a couple years back. My guess is they'd still be driving it today if that didn't happen.

My MJ has 310xxx miles on it, and while it wasn't the absolute best running thing it did pretty well for itself until I woke up late for my first day of work and tried to make a 70 mile drive in 15 minutes. I made it in around 45 minutes, but developed a very bad bottom-end knock. Saving up for stroker parts now. If the odometer is to be believed, my Lada has 027xxx miles on it, and I'm not sure I trust it to be as reliable as the MJ was, with 1/11th the mileage. 

Over 352,000 on my 2.5 MJ. 220,000 of that on the current rebuilt Jasper engine. I'm the second owner. The original owner said he replaced the engine and trans at around 130,000 due to oil leaks! When he sold it to me he was talking about doing the same thing to his 150,000 mile XJ. I told him to just fix the leaks. There's probably nothing else wrong with it. People are crazy.

88 xj 690,000 4x4 aw4 ran 20-50 gtx from day one. 2 transfer cases. i used this motor in my rockcrawler after i rebuilt it. when i rebuild it berings looked good only thing that was bad was some carbon on the pistons. and needed rings 

88 xj 690,000 4x4 aw4 ran 20-50 gtx from day one. 2 transfer cases. i used this motor in my rockcrawler after i rebuilt it. when i rebuild it berings looked good only thing that was bad was some carbon on the pistons. and needed rings 

that gtx 20-50 is what i use in my bimmer. great oil.

I don't really have any high mileage cars except for maybe my 99 TJ has roughly 170k miles, and my dad just bought a 97 Volvo 850R Station Wagon, has 197k miles on it, I drove it from San Antonio to Houston when we first got it, no problems at all. Ive worked on plenty of customers DD cars that come into my job that have a ton of miles on them, 90s 4runner=490k miles, late 80s crx=520k miles, 99 f350(diesel)=650k miles, etc. I did have an 88 MJ eliminator once with 320k miles drove fine except for the rod it had thrown due to the abusive PO, I'm sure f it wasn't for that, it would've been completely fine. Its all about how you take care of them.

253K on my '90. Had it since new. Never opened the bottom end. Replaced head gasket once at roughly 130K, so did valve job, too. Drive it daily, pulls my 4000#+ boat 6-8 times a year 250 miles to coast and back. Drive on 600-800 mile trips on occasion to see the kids. Still gets 19 MPG in mixed city/hwy, 10 MPG pulling the boat.

Until I have time to replace the brake lines on the Purple People Eater I'm using my camper for a daily driver and it is at 209,000 km (metric dash). Converted to miles that is only 130,000, though.

A few years back I had a 1972, 74, 79, 80, 81 F100 (it was all those years, titled as a 79). It was at 232,000 miles when I wrecked it.

Daughter's Cherokee is her daily driver, closing up to 200,000 (I think she's at 197,000 now) without major problems. Not counting batteries or brakes it has gone through one starter and two unit bearings.