New Carpet options?

So I'm actually looking for carpet for my XJ instead of my MJ. Obviously I know this is in the MJ tech, but I will probably use the same source if I can for my MJ when I get to that point; and I figured I would get a better response here than in other forums. I'm just wondering who yall have gotten carpet from, who to go with and who not to go with, quality of the carpet, does it seem like OEM or can you tell its cheap after market stuff? I'm looking to get Agate color carpet, OEM looking and fitting. Just trying to figure out my options before I try to do the impossible with my original carpet, or go through the trouble of getting one out of a junkyard. And I know somebody is going to say, just bedline the inside, easier to clean so on so forth blah blah blah; I prefer carpet, always have, I think bedliner is for truck beds only, unless you have a strictly offroad or hunting truck, just my opinion, I even kept carpet in my TJ. Ive searched around and read on another forum to use these people, anybody have any experience with them? Any and all advice is much appreciated. 

http://teamcherokee.com/carpet-set-complete-full-floor-jeep-cherokee-1984-2001/

When I got carpet and padding for the 4 door I went with stock interiors http://www.stockinteriors.com/ they have a large selection of carpet colors and will send you free samples of selected colors up to 8 i believe. If factory replacement they will mold the carpet to the vehicle floor shape before shipping for a better fit, all you will have to do is cut holes for shifters and seat mounts and stuff. The carpet seems to be good quality and goes in pretty easily.

When I got carpet and padding for the 4 door I went with stock interiors http://www.stockinteriors.com/ they have a large selection of carpet colors and will send you free samples of selected colors up to 8 i believe. If factory replacement they will mold the carpet to the vehicle floor shape before shipping for a better fit, all you will have to do is cut holes for shifters and seat mounts and stuff. The carpet seems to be good quality and goes in pretty easily.

Agreed excellent customer service, sent wrong color, they sent new carpet out before they received the old. I won't be using anyone else for carpet.

ok cool, thanks guys, if you don't mind me asking, what options did you guys get and or recommend? You think just go with plush cut pile? Did either of y'all go with the mass backing? if so is it worth it? I'm thinking their charcoal or dark grey would best resemble Agate, but I can get the samples to clarify,

I got the mass backing, and one of the reasons was to be able to cut down on dynamat and insulation. I honestly didn't realize how much padding was under there from the factory till I started putting my new carpet in and noticed the slack. I had to put down two layers of dynamat and one layer of the foil back auto insulation (off ebay) to satisfy my OCD and take away the slack. Dynamat isn't necessary just had it on hand the insulation is cheap I would use that if your like me and want it perfect. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...