Collective minds of comancheclub

Now that I've got your attention! I've got my new radiator into my Comanche but seeing how I have an auto trans and my new radiator doesn't have the same style hook up for trans cooler as my old one. I want to know if I can cap off or rework the lines

Your rad came with some sort of barbed fittings? Yes?

Cut the ends off your lines and connect to rad with hoses.

Yes and my thoughts exactly. Only problem is that the barbed fittings and the original hard line are of two different sizes and i think it is to big of a difference for the hose & clamp idea to work. It would leak is what i am trying to say.

Can the lines be removed and the ports plugged? This would seem to be the simplest solution.

Can the lines be removed and the ports plugged? This would seem to be the simplest solution.

You don't want to remove the trans cooler and plug the lines at the case, the AW4 won't like that. It will get very upset and spit all its parts into the pan or worse.

Follow the trans lines back under the engine to the passenger side and the hardlines should change into soft lines. Follow those soft lines back to where then go (which should be back into hardlines at some point), then cut them there and replace with soft lines all the way to the new rad and fittings using zipties to keep them away from moving parts of the engine.

The longest for running soft lines would be figuring out which line is feed and which is return to plumb them into the radiator the correct orientation. After that cutting and routing the soft lines should only take about a half hour once you have the proper size hose.

You don't want to remove the trans cooler and plug the lines at the case, the AW4 won't like that. It will get very upset and spit all its parts into the pan or worse.

AW4 was not available for the 86 model. Its a torqueflight A904 (3spd auto) or something like that.

I doubt that any auto xmsn would last long without a cooler. But aside from that, I'm curious how you determine this is an '86? I can't find that anywhere.

AW4 was not available for the 86 model. Its a torqueflight A904 (3spd auto) or something like that.

He knows it an 86 cause he's seen it