Replacing trans lines with an hoses

So after replacing the quick disconnects it still have a leak in my transmission lines at the transmission. I am tired of fighting this, until this current leak I had a leak free and clean truck. It's driving me insane. I am currently sitting in an airport waiting for a flight and I'm trying to plan out and order the parts pieces and hoses to convert the aw4 to not needing the quick disconnects.

My truck is a 90 MJ 4.0 with a 95 XJ aw4 and transfer case, I also have the factory radiator in place and the factory trans cooler. I know that I will be ordering the 14mm x 1.5 to -6AN adapter for the trans side but whT do I need for the radiator and then the cooler if I want to replace the whole trans line assortment with AN hoses? I can't look at my MJ and measure for the next 12 days but would love to have the parts waiting for me when I get home .

Bump, really hoping someone knows the sizes I need so I can get this stuff ordered, my MJ is my dd and at the moment if I went home I wouldn't want to drive it and risk the trans fluid starting a fire with it leaking directly onto the burning exhaust.

Well.... I think this has been done.....by me  :brows: WOW I have an opportunity to actually supply a SOLUTION!  :banana:

Check this out....

Had this mess....

DSCF9338.JPG

DSCF9339.JPG

Made my NEVER AGAIN QUICK DISCONNECT REPLACEMENT with this

DSCF2806.JPG

From the local CarQuest store ( the only around here that is still pretty old school and has a machine shop in the basement ).

This is what my stuff looked like on the bench/floor. 

DSCF9343.JPG

DSCF9344.JPG

DSCF9353.JPG

DSCF9351.JPG

So the replacement has worked FLAWLESSLY...

DSCF9369.JPG

Sorry this next picture sucks....

DSCF9372.JPG

Best part is saying GOOD-BYE to this leaky POS....

DSCF9379.JPG

AND....one of these is handy if you can find....borrowed from a great friend....I think he purchased off of Amazon. 

DSCF9346.JPG

GOOD LUCK!  Safe Travels!

Thanks Scott jeep, I think there may have been a miscommunication on my end. I am not trying to flare and repair any of the existing trans lines. I want to replace them entirely. What I need to know is what is the thread size where those lines thread into the radiator.

I greatly appreciate everyone's help this far, but I think I am truly not getting my point across. The dorman part that was just posted is the transmission side quick connect and I will be replacing that with a 14mm 1.5 to -6AN adapter, then I want to run -6an hose from that towards the radiator. At the radiator the stock line threads into ports at the lower part of the radiator. I need to know the thread size at the radiator.

You can almost see what I'm talking about in the first picture scottjeep posted.

i just tried to pull the lower connector out of the radiator good luck i had 2 bad radiators in my shop and both i couldn't get out id ether use a compression fiting on it or a good set of hose clamps. i went out to look since know one else new what your trying to do. looks like 5/16 or maybe 3/8 line note mine were factory radiators no nut just the barb fiting sticking out

As far as I know yes it is a 3/8 line. I'm sure if there is a threaded connection on my radiator I will be able to remove it simply, the truck is incredibly clean and nothing has given my any problems yet. On my 95xj I have replaced the radiator twice and both times I just threaded the connector out and placed it into the new radiator. I have never had it been a non removable part of the radiator. Is it simply an HO vs renix thing? If so I will swap to open cooling if that's what I have to do to make these lines the way I would like.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I appreciate all of it. I will keep researching and hopefully I find it before I get back to my truck but if not I will figure it out then and post back to hopefully help anyone in the future.

I'm also doing this mod. I have the 14 mm AN fittings for the tranny. And a buddy gave me a tranny cooler with -6 fittings. I'm going to run braided hose straight to the cooler, bypassing the radiator. I just need to figure out how much hose I need to buy.

So I guess this has nothing to do whatsoever with what you're asking. :)

• 2 months later...

i also have been thinking about this

Muddfoot, hopefully we can get this figured out then between the two of us so that maybe hose clamps and leaky lines can become a thing of the past.

I'm also doing this mod. I have the 14 mm AN fittings for the tranny. And a buddy gave me a tranny cooler with -6 fittings. I'm going to run braided hose straight to the cooler, bypassing the radiator. I just need to figure out how much hose I need to buy.

So I guess this has nothing to do whatsoever with what you're asking. :)

Curious if any of you guys have this figured out?