Tire fitment

So I just completed 4.5 Rubicon express lift on the front and add a leaf with shackle n the rear. I've been running 31x10.5, it looks good but time for new tires. I have sway bar quick disconnects if I want to do some flexing. I don't want to do any cutting of the fender wells, so does anyone know the max size tire without doing so? I'm leaning towards 32x11.5, maybe 33......

I have a 4.5" Rusty's lift and 33x10.5 M/Ts on my Comanche. Fender well trimming was required.

Here's a couple pics if you want a visual. Also here's a quick reference chart from an XJ site (probably applicable).

In short, you could probably go 32x10.5 and be okay...

So I just completed 4.5 Rubicon express lift on the front and add a leaf with shackle n the rear. I've been running 31x10.5, it looks good but time for new tires. I have sway bar quick disconnects if I want to do some flexing. I don't want to do any cutting of the fender wells, so does anyone know the max size tire without doing so? I'm leaning towards 32x11.5, maybe 33......

If you are running factory rims, 10.50 is the widest you can go. Take a look at how close the inner sidewall is to both the inner fender well and the leaf spring in the back. If you can find some 32" or 33" tires that are narrower than 11.5" you should be okay. One of the companies used to offer a good tire in 33x9.50, but I believe that was discontinued many years ago.

I have after market steel rims, but from the looks of it I'm staying with 31x10.5 since they don't offer a 32x 10.5 just 32x11.5 in the cooper stt  Which I don't mind.  Maybe next set of tires I will do some cutting.  Thanks for the info!

32x11.5r15 on 15x8 Factory TJ rims and 4.5" lift:

No rubbing on or off-road. No issues. No Bumpstopping. 

. BFG & General make a 33x10.5x15 A/T's and BFG has a 33x10.5x15 M/T.

If you want a slightly narrower 32" tall tire and don't want to run a very aggresive bias ply Super Swamper then you need to go to a 16" rim. 235/85/r16 is 32x9 or so while 265/75/r16 is 32x11 or so. There is a huge choice of treads in those sizes. KJ Liberty's are a great source for appropriate 16" rims. Although it is widely debated in most terrains narrow treads work as well if not better anyway. It doesn't give that macho "look at meh big tars" look, though, so many avoid it.

Remember that the tread type can effect fitment greatly. Something with  very aggressive shoulder lugs may not fit where a rounded shoulder street tire would. I ran 31x1.5's on an unlifted MJ by using a low-tread all-season tire.

Many issues with tires hitting the fenders can be avoided by retaining stockish backspacing. Decreasing the  backspacing moves the tire out where....you guessed it...the wheelwell gets smaller due to the fender opening.