New Member In Tn

What's up! Glad to be a part of another Jeep community.

Bought this 92 from forum member Zack last night. Already planning my mods - need a rear bumper to haul my mower, going to fab one and thinking of just biting the bullet and doing the pinch and trim style. Pics of your rear bumper setups would be appreciated!

Here it is and its new best buddy.

ybemu8ar.jpg

uve3aga3.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Comanche, I like the color alot.... considered it when I was gonna paint my junk..... but if I were you I'd sell that JK and use the money and build the MJ...... :thumbsup:  

Nice Comanche, I like the color alot.... considered it when I was gonna paint my junk..... but if I were you I'd sell that JK and use the money and build the MJ...... :thumbsup:

JK stays until it's paid off. Then who knows ;) I already have a plan of attack for the MJ. PROBABLY will become my main trail rig one day. I really want to keep them both and get a tow pig DD in about 2 years. JK for weekend driving and events, MJ for wheeling the snot out of.

Zack did a pretty dang good job getting it into the shape it is.

Where are you located in Tn, we have a few of us who have met up if you want to join us next time.

Nice truck be nice to the 92 . :MJ 1: .

I'm north of Nashville up I-24, 20 minutes.

I'm a part of several groups and go to a lot of events. Next big one is the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion Aug 31st in Pidgeon Forge. But there are plenty of local rides and meets around to get your fix!

If your wheeling with SW86 then you better get that MJ up and running..... That JK is way to clean to try and follow him..... :thumbsup:

If I was locked in the rear of the JK, I wouldn't be scared! I've never been in the same group, but I've driven some of the same level 4s at Hawk Pride he does, I just don't do the imminent body damage trails lol.

I've had so many thoughts of turning the truck into a monster, especially after being at my fab guy's house last night who primarily works on Yotas. He was like, "OMG finally! A jeep I can work on!"

I've been offered so much free crap in the past 36 hours from XJ friends just wanting to help build this thing NOW. So tempting. I might actually get some built JK axles to strip/mod and throw under this thing with JK rubis and 32s. 4.10 gears, chromolies everywhere, trussed and gusseted, and Aussie up front. That just depends on if he wants to sell them. So much to think about.

QUESTION:

When lifting, at what heights do I need to address driveshafts and what are the fixes? From budget to built-right.

Unlike your JK your MJ has a long rear shaft and a short front one.  The front has the double cardian and I've wheeled Harlan KY at 6.5 inches and never had a problem (Check out my build thread I've got lots of pics and video's of me "Enjoying my Jeep") so my opinion is leave it as is.... spend your money somewhere else.  The rear if anything is too long.... I got hung on a ledge once and ground it in half because it hung down so far.... some might say put in a SYE but I've been real hard on mine and never had a problem.  That JK looks nice but I've yet to find one that could follow my MJ... good luck and have fun with it.

Unlike your JK your MJ has a long rear shaft and a short front one. The front has the double cardian and I've wheeled Harlan KY at 6.5 inches and never had a problem (Check out my build thread I've got lots of pics and video's of me "Enjoying my Jeep") so my opinion is leave it as is.... spend your money somewhere else. The rear if anything is too long.... I got hung on a ledge once and ground it in half because it hung down so far.... some might say put in a SYE but I've been real hard on mine and never had a problem. That JK looks nice but I've yet to find one that could follow my MJ... good luck and have fun with it.

After studying future suspension angles, wheel base, and the rear frame stoutness, I seriously think the MJ might be the strongest model made for hardcore crawling with minimal modification. I'm freaking excited.

And what u just told me about shafts was my thoughts as well.

Welcome! CC has a pretty strong presence in TN for sure. Good to see this beautiful MJ got passed on to someone that'll keep us updated! You're right about the strength. As far as unibodies go, you're getting a lot of strength in a pretty small package with the MJ.

Welcome! CC has a pretty strong presence in TN for sure. Good to see this beautiful MJ got passed on to someone that'll keep us updated! You're right about the strength. As far as unibodies go, you're getting a lot of strength in a pretty small package with the MJ.

Exactly. It's like a Cherokee, but an infinite amount of times better. lol.

I've wanted one of these things and a wrangler since before I could drive.

My next thought (in about a year) is to trade the JK in (de-mod it first) on a diesel and buy about a half restored CJ5, CJ6, CJ8, or a round headlight Commando... Top off doors off jeeping has gotten into my blood and I want to always own one. That being said, it would never see another speck of dirt again! They're getting so rare, people need to start taking care of them. Shoot, even tho the MJ is going to be a trail rig one day, it's still going to be taken care and protected!

Thanks for the welcome so far! I plan on being pretty dang active on here.

Last night I threw my High Beam Offroad H4 LEDs in the existing housings Zack had put in. Stupidly bright. Drove around for a bit with them adjusted like this, didn't get flashed once. I saw the local policeman and pulled over and asked him what he thought, and he said they should be good. Square housings for the win!! Also took off the brush guard, a friend was wanting it and I plan on getting a bumper made in a few weeks. Pics:

I pointed driver side down a bit since these housings don't have a reflector, they're just open. I hate driving up to lifted trucks with annoying HIDs, but these LEDs if aimed correctly don't blind oncoming traffic.

e5a8unus.jpg

se8avabu.jpg

jajy6ure.jpg

LOL , I'll catch ya up on TN soon and talk some smack in the chat room. Good to se ya seen the light.

Didn't one of ya other mates buy a Comanche a while back, I think he started a build on here.

He immediately sold it ha.

I know quite a few guys on here.

The D35 blew up today. YAY. UPGRADE TIME.

I have a line on some JK axles or have a free 8.25 sitting here. Obviously more work to do with the JK axles, but I think worth it in the long run.

Also have a line on the JK Rubi BFGs, slightly used. Going to long arm the front and spring over. Get ready :)

Long arms.. Sping over.. That didn't take long haha. Get ready to lift it 6.5" in the front (take or give) to try to level it out.. Really depends on the condition of your leafs..

I'd love for it to be 5.5.... I do have 6.5" springs at my disposable. Would need to buy 4.5" and have spacers already.

So. I can get the JK axles for sure now. Gonna take some WORK. I really think I'm gonna do it. They're priced stupidly cheap with everything included.

Update:

Picked up JK axles. Might actually be trading with a friend who has built D44/D30 JK axles so he can go back to stock to sell.

All I lack now is to order new spring/shock/SB-link brackets and tabs.

:( ...guess I shoud update my photo huh...

I think youre going to have to hook me up with some of those LED H4s for the YJ ;)

And maybe my garge door opener.... lol

Where are you located in Tn, we have a few of us who have met up if you want to join us next time.
    Nice truck be nice to the 92  [. :MJ 1: .]

Sweet truck, wish I could find a '92!

Other than those massive rust areas  [:ack:]  Looks like you'll need a new bed at least.

If you decide to ditch to bull bar I call dibs! [:brows:]

Lol Relyt still has first dibs on the bull bar by the way. haha